Gifts for people I dislike? (help)

sheli

I say give them cards and tell them you are broke!!!

I agree totally. I am in this same situation. In my case this would be the truth, I have a hard enough time finding the $$$ to buy for the people I do like. I will not waste my time or $$$ this year buying a gift for a family member I don't like, especially if I have bought for them for the past 10 years and gotten nothing in return. I know, it's all about keeping the peace but you know what, I say screw that. If I buy for them they're just gonna take it back, get the cash and spend the $$$ on who knows what.:mad: Ok, sorry.....I got mad and started rambling.:razz:

Have you throught about going to the dollar store and maing gift baskets for the ladys there is alot of stuff you can put in there from bath stuff to wine cups.

I have done some nice baskets with stuff from the dollar store.

For guys how about car stuff like freshers and a polish rags and stuff to clean a car.

I was going to suggest the dollar store -but that is too expensive for the inlaws gifts.

We found sand art sets and all kinds of other goodies at JoAnn last month for .25 and .50 cents. Good enough for the seemingly thousands of nieces and nephews we have running around. We bought lotions at kohls last February for .65-that goes to the sister in laws. Christmas picture fames also were bought at Kohls last Feb for .85-that will go to the adults.

Don't buy a gift basket from BBW.. Those are expensive :gd_dollar :gd_dollar :gd_dollar . Get a cheap Family Dollar gift basket.

A popcorn tin, lotion from Avon or somewhere ( you can get a decent size bottle for around $4 when on sale at Avon)

EDIT::

Take care of this problem for next year.... just save everything that you get this year that you didn't like and regift it.

:thumbsup:

Go to www.lakeside.com and look at there catalog it has really nice stuff for really cheap and it looks like you spent alot. prices are so cheap you will think the stuff will come looking loke crap but it won't

Just hurry up because they take FORVER to ship. Still waiting on something ordered the 10th

Mara

I too have a few "gifts" I need to purchase for a couple of unfreindly family members. Ever notice how that in itself can suck the fun out of gift giving? Anyway, just an idea I plan on using, gift certificates to your local theatere. Ours has 2 for $20 that has 2 admissions, popcorn, candy, and 2 drinks.

Thats a GREAT deal, I would keep that one for myself :g_dance:

Do they get you or your family members anything? If not hell with em! If they do Id grab something from one of the dollar stores.

Has to be a reason why ya dont care for em, I can imagine we all have family members like that, honestly I wouldnt put any thought into it at all.

lottery tickets in a card, movie theater tickets in a card, coffee shop coupon tickets in a card. i think movie theater tickets are great for young and old. under ten bucks each you can't go wrong.

kathy

Not to mention GAS cards!!!

We are getting that for MIL because gas is so darn expensive!