Wal-mart price error??

Guest DigDoug

Guest DigDoug

I picked up the Cyberhome DVD recorder from Walmart yesterday. The ad I got at the store had it priced at $79.86. It rang up for $68.00. I just noticed it now because I am going over my receipts.

Did this happen to anyone else at Walmart?

I noticed I was overcharged $10.00 for an item at BestBuy too. :insane:

Guest all2tired
Our walmart also lower some of the prices. They said it had to do with the competitors. I had the 498 lap top add and it was lowered to 388

Our local paper had the WalMart sales add that showed the HP desktop for under $400. It was not listed in the black and white flyer they had out. Well when the employees were handing them out off the pallets I asked how much they were and was told $498.00 I thought maybe they were wrong so I went ahead and got one and went back to layaway. It rang up $498.00 luckily I had brought my sales paper with me and showed it to the cashier. She said that the paper must be for a different Wal-mart and that they would not price match other WalMarts adds. We only have one WalMart in this city and the paper only goes out in this city so why would they put out adds in our paper for other WalMarts? I asked to speak to a manager and they manager said that yes it was supposed to be the cheaper price and that they were ringing up wrong. I wonder how many people paid $100 more than they had to? Not me!!!:lolrun:

I think that this could be a result of WM slashing prices so much so late in the process. It could also be an extension of a problem which I mentioned in a previous thread about a study which claims that WM prices do not ring up correctly more often than the guidelines permit. The only good thing in the study was that it seems you may be almost as likely to get a lower price than you are a higher price.

http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=21244

Some of our prices were different too @ Walmart, but they posted the correct price on a piece of paper that was stuck to the black plastic wrap on the pallets. Im sure the front of the line people saw em but after it got cut open no way for others to see it. So they may also just seeing the difference as they get home and check out reciepts.

My Walmart in York, PA handed out B&W flyers days before giving prices generally $10-$20 cheaper then the newspaper advertisement such as the laptop for $379 in the B&W but $399 in the newspaper ad. Then BF they tried to charge $399 but had to go with the $379 because right above the checkout was a large sign saying that they were $379, not $399.

Our local paper had the WalMart sales add that showed the HP desktop for under $400. It was not listed in the black and white flyer they had out. Well when the employees were handing them out off the pallets I asked how much they were and was told $498.00 I thought maybe they were wrong so I went ahead and got one and went back to layaway. It rang up $498.00 luckily I had brought my sales paper with me and showed it to the cashier. She said that the paper must be for a different Wal-mart and that they would not price match other WalMarts adds. We only have one WalMart in this city and the paper only goes out in this city so why would they put out adds in our paper for other WalMarts? I asked to speak to a manager and they manager said that yes it was supposed to be the cheaper price and that they were ringing up wrong. I wonder how many people paid $100 more than they had to? Not me!!!:lolrun:

Same thing happened here. We had to go round and round with the manager at our Wal-Mart about it.

I picked up the Cyberhome DVD recorder from Walmart yesterday. The ad I got at the store had it priced at $79.86. It rang up for $68.00. I just noticed it now because I am going over my receipts.

Did this happen to anyone else at Walmart?

I noticed I was overcharged $10.00 for an item at BestBuy too. :insane:

That is usually how it works isn't it? If you mistakenly get too much $$$ off, you end up repaying it somewhere else. At least it seems that way to me.