Rebates- Original receipt required

mesarobins

I bought a Portable DVD player today at Walgreens that has a $20 rebate. I was looking over the rebate form and it says to submit the original receipt by next Saturday! I am uncomfortable sending the receipt since it is a gift. I will make a photocopy for sure, but I wonder if anyone has had any trouble exchanging (in case it doesn't work) with the photocopy. Thoughts?

Make sure it works, if it does - then cut out UPC, photocopy receipt and send in UPC and the original receipt. Make sure to also photocopy the UPC itself and any rebate forms (already filled out) as well. This will be your evidence in case it is somehow lost.

IMO, it's worth it to take it out quickly, see if it works and re-package it. No one will be able to tell. ;)

If you send in the rebate you won't be able to return it, sorry. You will need to cut out the UPC symbol and send in the original recepit, two things that are necessary for returns... That's why rebates require those, actually, imagine if you bought items, got money back in the form of a rebate and then had the liberty to return it! :)

Thanks for the advice I will take it out and check it today before sending in the rebate. Ironically the rebate form does NOT require the UPC code, just the receipt. I will make copies of everything before I mail.

Ooops. That's a first! I've never come acorss a rebate like this.

I'm mad as hell at Best Buy over these rebates! NEVER AGAIN!

I bought 3 items yesterday with rebates totaling over $200. So of course I want those rebates! 2 of the items were the same items and they never said the rebates were one per person and one per household. Well, I'll just have the other one sent to my mom and to her house. I can get over that. But I saw some people loading up on these. They will never get the rebates.

Now I bought a 19" Samsung flat screen monitor that had a $60 best buy rebate and two different $30 rebates thru samsung. Reading the two $30 rebates from samsung they won't give you both. So I might loose out $30. But of course the price they post in the sales paper shows you can get all these rebates but you can't. It's one rebate per person per house and can't be combined. What a scam! I called best buy customer service and basicaly said sorry we can't help you they are manufacturers rebates and we can't help you with those.