Laptop Options for those who missed out?

melia26

the dell, you could have ordered the hp/compaq one at awfice deepoh for 349 with similar specs though, im pretty sure they did not have a limit, you just had to do a purchase order online IN store. picked one of them up, 380 savings off price with free printer, has a 14" Widescreen.

Hi,

I was hoping we could start a thread on other laptops available for good prices online or in store. Post anything you know of, thanks! -Melissa

I posted the specs on my newly purchased dell lappy in the sticky laptop thead. PM me if you want more details. :)

the dell, you could have ordered the hp/compaq one at awfice deepoh for 349 with similar specs though, im pretty sure they did not have a limit, you just had to do a purchase order online IN store. picked one of them up, 380 savings off price with free printer, has a 14" Widescreen.

Is this still an option? Any links to it? Any other options out there?

I likle that Dell deal, but I wasn't planning on spending $500 (before rebate). Plus, I don't know if Dell will let me order more than 1 at that price.

Is this still an option? Any links to it? Any other options out there?

I likle that Dell deal, but I wasn't planning on spending $500 (before rebate). Plus, I don't know if Dell will let me order more than 1 at that price.

it was on their home page, an hp/compaq, but see that they took it off now, sorry. you had to go to the store in order to do a business purchase order online from one of their computers, I am getting it mailed to me this week, its a pretty nice looking laptop, same celeron processor as the other two toshibas, but no wireless g, you could have added it for 29, to match the BB price. 14" widescreen, silver. also comes with a free hp photosmart printer. it was 349.99 after rebate, or 379.99, to have made it with wireless g, no aol sign up crap (you have to pay that back anyway, but I guess an advantage for some, not for me), already have several several cards laying around though so did not upgrade, priced accordingly for what its worth, most of the laptops were, such as toshiba at cc for 108 more after tax for 20 more gb, and 256 more ram, but imo don't really need more than 40gb on a laptop, thats what desktop servers and external hdds are for, and can upgrade the ram cheaper than what its installed for. I think my gf will be happy with it, its slimmer and lighter and all silver and has a widescreen style screen so dvd movies should look good on it. I'm sure it would have been discussed here more like the other laptops, but OD had to be taken off this site per legal requests.

after getting run over, literally, in walmart (bellevue, ne) and suffering a knee injury from hitting the floor, only to have the HP ripped out of my hands and a fist fight start over it b/w a few guys, i walked out extremely disappointed. toshiba at best buy didn't pan out either, as the in-store manager would not honor the online price that said in-store purchase only. ended up going with the dell inspiron 2200. same specs essentially, only have to pay $40 for s&h. free printer and wireless card comes with it, however, so i guess it's a wash. could have saved myself some pain to just do it this way to start with. wal-mart needs a better process to protect it's customers, and it's employees.

after getting run over, literally, in walmart (bellevue, ne) and suffering a knee injury from hitting the floor, only to have the HP ripped out of my hands and a fist fight start over it b/w a few guys, i walked out extremely disappointed. toshiba at best buy didn't pan out either, as the in-store manager would not honor the online price that said in-store purchase only. ended up going with the dell inspiron 2200. same specs essentially, only have to pay $40 for s&h. free printer and wireless card comes with it, however, so i guess it's a wash. could have saved myself some pain to just do it this way to start with. wal-mart needs a better process to protect it's customers, and it's employees.

Wow!! Walmart should have given you a free laptop for that BF experience. :)