Kinda glad I didn't get a voucher for the laptop.

SuperMommy

Ok, I wanted that laptop REALLY bad!! But I think it was a blessing in disguise that I didn't get it. My CC didn't even have 15 they had just about 10. We got there at 3 am and there were about 25 people in front of us. So of course I was dissapointed. However....

As most of you know at CC they gave out different colored vouchers. The computers were blue vouchers, cameras/camcorders yellow vouchers, and the tvs were red vouchers. And you had to go to the same color balloons as the color of your voucher to purchase the item. Well, one of the girls I went with got a voucher for the FAR e-machine. So at 5 when the doors opened she went to the register that had the blue balloons. Well, CC's computers were failing or something, I never heard the exact reason. But she was in that line (for the laptops and e-machines) from 5 AM to 10:05 AM. SHE WAS IN THAT LINE FOR FIVE HOURS BECAUSE THEY WERE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THEIR SYSTEM. I would have been so upset if I missed ALL the other sales for that one laptop. Needless to say, she gave up after she left there and just went home. And they wouldn't let them come back later to get it. They had to be in that line by 11 am. I would have been pissed if I were her. But I know if I would have gotten a voucher for the laptop I would've stayed in line and then be angry later.

If I had been there five hours already (in line), I would have just stayed another hour or two.. she already missed the other deals at most other stores, so why not just sit there in line and not go home, lol.

That does stink though. What a bad BF!

Yeah CC was a joke. I live in the Metro Detroit area and we got in line at 10pm and were 3rd and 4th in line. I got a voucher for the laptop, but when they finally opened at 5 they let all 500 people in line in the store at once. Well after I grabbed all my other items on the want list I went to get my laptop. They had a huge line for people to sign up for AOL (had to sign up to get the $250 off) and only 1 computer that could do it..... Needless to say that took forever. Then I still had to stand in another line for another 2 hours to get my laptop and items rung up. So I got in the door at 5 but didn't leave until 8:30.....

Glad I got the laptop, but boy do they make you pay for it in patience......

It was like that in ST Louis too. Everyone in line rushed in at the same time. We were all running @ to get things. ONe of the 4 of us had secured a lesser used rregister in car stereos and were flying through line. But, the laptop deals at that 1 stupid register killed us for @ 2 hours. The store manager scared all15 were going to riot said we could come backafter 6pm today when there were no lines and AOL was up AND we'd get a $25 gc for our inconvience. Atl least I was able to go to another store AND will get my laptop tomorrow.

My CC store had about 10 people at 6pm yesterday. No way I was going to wait in line that long. BB at 6pm had a line twice as long as CC. Instead I picked up a Dell yesterday for a resonable price. I don't feel bad about missing the deals because neither BB or CC have every been a store I like to shop in. :)