PSA: Bait and Switch means the store had zero items

tfinch2

I thought bait and switch referred to a store advertisting an item at a certain price, but only stocking 1 or none. Then when you show up they try to sell you something similar but more expensive.

exactly. Or just giving you the hard sell on a more expensive model, telling you the whole time what junk the advertised one is...

BB tried to pull a fast one on us this morning offering us the $149 computer Emachines "loaded" for $279! We were like HELL NO!!! Where is the voucher for the $149..That guy was...lets just say the crowd was VERY heated about having less that 10 in stock!!!! Our Local BB only had 9! :2bat:

*But I got one!

My PX did that with the advertised Fox Tv Dvd Box sets. They didn't have one in store. So I pitched a fit and guess what? I got a raincheck out of it for all the Dvd's I wanted and the $10 Promo giftcard for each one. Thanks my fellow Gottadealers for keeping me informed.

I called best buy a few hours ago to ask if they had the Robosapien V2 yep he says its 99.99. Wow we rush back out into the snowy mess to grab one and walk up to them and there is no price listed once again ask the guy he says 99.99 I say ok get to the register and it rings up 249.99 said no way I was quoted twice at 99.99 Manager comes and says sorry we will give you 20 bucks off I said no way grabbed the cell phone called the corprate number was on the phone 10 minutes walked out with a 99.99 robosapien v2 becouse I said you don't want me to call the states attorney office and let them know about your little bait and switch deal here do you. I am happy now :trampolin

My PX did that with the advertised Fox Tv Dvd Box sets. They didn't have one in store. So I pitched a fit and guess what? I got a raincheck out of it for all the Dvd's I wanted and the $10 Promo giftcard for each one. Thanks my fellow Gottadealers for keeping me informed.

Mine did that at mine to. I wish I had complained darn it

Mara