The Naked truth! Walmart Phx.

merilinda

No one was overly rude (except ONE irrate obviously needed to go home she had been there wayy too long walmart worker) but I have to say I am ooohhh so glad my girls are older, I have a 17,14,11,7....dh was home with one 11 and the 7 year old as the other three went with me and since it was a 24 hr walmart..the worst thing was having to pull them away from the xbox360 they played for awhile to get them in line to help get the goods..lol

The Walmart we went to was really bad infact it was disgusting. We got there at 3:40 am. Everything was really disorganized and most employees kept saying that they didn't know where things were. We were redirected many times but by 4 am finally found our stuff. There were 4 of us. It was a Super Walmart and most of the stuff was in the large aisle between the grocery area and clothes. I was standing directly in front of the Game Boy SP's. I was if not first then second in line. When the cut the rope and said go for it there was such a surge and mad dash. I was pushed to the side and when I tried to grab one I was elbowed in the face and the lady behind me was knocked to the ground. I bent over and reached towards the bottom and grabbed the last 2. :g_thumble I handed one to the lady on the ground since nobody would let her up. I just stood in the area and guarded it with my life pretty much until it cleared a little so I could get out. My friend was by the computers and there was a big fight there. My sister in laws were by the portable DVD players and they reported the same. It was really sad!! I have shopped on Black Friday many years but never anything like this. Not sure what I'll do in the future.

As far as kids go- after Walmart we went to Menards at 6 am. There was a white minivan left running, 2 kids in it (not sure of age but they were in booster seats) watching TV with no adult. When we left Menards (it was insane too) at 7:20 am the parents were just going to the van to load up and leave. At least 1 hour and 20 minutes in the van alone. I felt sick and wished I would have called the police on them :(

The Walmart we went to was really bad infact it was disgusting. We got there at 3:40 am. Everything was really disorganized and most employees kept saying that they didn't know where things were. We were redirected many times but by 4 am finally found our stuff. There were 4 of us. It was a Super Walmart and most of the stuff was in the large aisle between the grocery area and clothes. I was standing directly in front of the Game Boy SP's. I was if not first then second in line. When the cut the rope and said go for it there was such a surge and mad dash. I was pushed to the side and when I tried to grab one I was elbowed in the face and the lady behind me was knocked to the ground. I bent over and reached towards the bottom and grabbed the last 2. :g_thumble I handed one to the lady on the ground since nobody would let her up. I just stood in the area and guarded it with my life pretty much until it cleared a little so I could get out. My friend was by the computers and there was a big fight there. My sister in laws were by the portable DVD players and they reported the same. It was really sad!! I have shopped on Black Friday many years but never anything like this. Not sure what I'll do in the future.

As far as kids go- after Walmart we went to Menards at 6 am. There was a white minivan left running, 2 kids in it (not sure of age but they were in booster seats) watching TV with no adult. When we left Menards (it was insane too) at 7:20 am the parents were just going to the van to load up and leave. At least 1 hour and 20 minutes in the van alone. I felt sick and wished I would have called the police on them :(

Wow. I would have called the police. Who knows what could have happened. Glad the kids were ok, but geez!

Wait did I read that right? "I had stood outside for four hours with a 3 year old asking me if they were opened "

Who in their right mind would have a child out that time of night? Not even to mention let alone in the cold?

I agree. When I went to eat around 9:30, the table next to me had two little girls who literally put their heads down on the table. They were so tired from being out so long. Their parents kept telling them to eat so they would have more energy to shop more. I was about to reach over and slap those people.

i hate it that so many people have bad experiences at WM. Our experiences today were GREAT! (in Northwest Arkansas) Almost everybody was really positive and nice. My WM still has many items left and the BF prices will stay the same. I am a little biased because my hubby is one of the managers for our hometown store, but so far I haven't heard a single horror story about a WM in our area. Anyone else from this area?

My WalMart in Glendale (AZ) wasn't too bad. There were 40 desktops and I got there at 4am with about 20 people surrounding the pallet on three sides. So I stood in the second wave on one side. It was right about 2 minutes before 5am when the people who came in behind tried to shove their way forward. I was able to block two old ladies off trying to climb up my back without crushing the woman in front of me who'd been there since midnight and cover one of the desktops on the floor.

They only had 9 plasma screens and when enough people had lined up before I got there they brought them up preloaded on flat carts along with wall mounting kits.

My wife was in the laptop line in back (90 laptops available, limit of one per person) and survived the cutters. Once the employee were told of the cutter they got an assistant manager to come in to pull some of the cutters out and prevent any more people from doing it.

In fact a lot of the employees were going out of their way to help customers find any blitz items that ended up being left around the store. And other than one brief fight over a TV in electronics they did a hell of a job.

Here's another instance of the "fun" that was had at Wal Mart this morning. I was number 5 inline outside the store in Anaheim, CA, I got there at 9 pm Thanksgiving night (there's a CompUSA in the same center so I hit them at midnight while my son waiting in the Wal Mart line. I won't bother with all the details of the line cutters and other fun things outside. Lets just say the first 10 of us in line built a barricade around the door using store carts and some store benchs. It really didn't stop the cutters too much. My store had 50 laptops and they were behind the counter in sporting goods. When the doors opened the rush was on, lol. My son runs faster them me so he was in line at sporting goods first and I was 5th. Soon there were 100's of people pushing aroung the counter yelling that they were next. Those of us in front did a pretty good job of sorting that out, but one line cutter lady got into it with another lady who was right behind me and bit her on the arm !!! I know someone called the police. They started to make us pay for the latptops in sporting goods, but just as I was the next in line a manager walks behined the counter, and without saying a word to anyone, just starts handing out (in some cases throwing) the laptops to anyone close. It was a near riot at that point!!! The clerk and the register just looked at me with this astonished look and quickly grabbed a laptop and handed it to me. My son and I got the heck out of there in a hurry. It was a zoo just trying to get to the front of the store to check out. NEVER AGAIN will I go to Wal Mart on Black Friday !!!!

I had the nicest experience at Walmart today. I was :2roller:

I didn't want any of the hot electronics items, so I hesitated even going to pick up my little deals. I woke up at 4 a.m. It was raining HARD. I didn't feel like fighting so I rolled over and went back to sleep. Woke up at 5:20. Decided to go anyway. I pulled into the absolutely full parking lot just after 6, saw a parking spot waaay out in the boonies and parked. Turns out the garden center doors were open, so I waltzed right in. :) Grabbed a basket, left the cart, you can't get through the aisles with it anyway. Grabbed a 5.00 Hot Wheels track. Saw TWO Care Bears in a box on the floor. Snagged those. Found the fly wheels. Grabbed a pack of those. Passed up the light sabers. Asked a couple employees if there were any more Care Bears - they were polite, helpful, apologetic and suggested I look around and see if someone dumped one somewhere. They showed me where the 6.88 Leap Pad books were, found two of those that I wanted. Around that time I saw an arm reach out and place a Care Bear on a pile of movies. I maneuvered my way through, grabbed it, and headed back. Found two polite if very slow employees checking customers out in Sporting Goods. Only THREE people ahead of me! :2cloud9: O.k., so I was small peanuts, but I was pretty pleased. Didn't stand in line. Wound up with everything I wanted, and everyone I met was polite. :wizard:

I disagree. Walmart can and should do more to control how customers act. Use chairs like some stores did. Have areas roped off. What they should really do is refuse the sale to anyone not acting in an orderly fashion. If they see people pushing and shoving and cutting in line, take the product off of them. Maybe if Walmart gets slapped with enough lawsuits they'll learn a little lesson in crowd control.

exactly, i think most stores anyway have the right to refusal of sale built in to their clause, the stores i used to work with did. i could see walmart getting sued for some kind of neglect case. hell the staples here did not even have lights on outside, it was pitch black. i know thats a light code violation, if someone were to fall or get raped in their store hours they could easily be sued.

would like to see an HRS worker up there with some of those babys...