Toys R Us didn't price match

kbasketcr8r

Those rats. I grabbed all the Bratz dolls that were on sale at KB and Target, and get to the register, and the guy tells me "we don't do that". So, I asked him if it was a new policy- he gets one REALLY RUDE manager, and he walks over to me and says "we don't do that". I asked nicely- "Is that a new policy"? He just rolls his eyes at me and repeats himself. I said "I get that now, I am asking you since when don't you price match? Is it a new policy"? He walks away from me. Another manager walks over, and I asked her - she says "No, we don't price match". :g_thumbsd

So, I had them take off all the items I intended to match, and next year, I will go to Walmart.:gd_shake:

I did get the Barbie shopping mall for 30 dollars, so it was definitely worth it.

TRU has not done PM's in over 5 yrs. NEW this year is that Sears wouldn't PM any doorbusters. (that sais some people got PM at sears on doorbusters from other stores, it just depended on who you knew) K-Mart merging with Sears wasn't good for anyone.:mad:

In answer to the question of when did TRU stop price matching, the answer is in March 2005 when they were bought out by a private company and were no longer publicly traded. I had the VERY same situation in October when I asked about PM a Bratz Tour Bus to the Target price which was $10 lower at Target. The manager was extremely rude and told me, "We ain't done that in 6 months" so I told her no problem I will just go buy it at Target but I can't believe that you as a manager would let $50 in revenue walk out the door for $10. Then she told me, "With as much business as Toys-R-Us gets, they don't need yours!" I called the 1-800-TOYS-R-US hotline and within 5 hours the district manager called me back to apologize for her behavior, she was fired, he PM the tour bus AND gave me a $10 gift card for the inconvenience.