tool chests? Help Men

Mara

Ok guys help a gal out. I'm looking at stanely 10 drawer tool chest with tools from walmart for $79.83 and also looking at a craftman 5 drawer tool chest at the PX add a 10% off coupon no tax for $99 about $90 after my coupon. Whats the better last long deal? I'm familiar with craftman quality so I assume thats a pretty solid tool chest I saw a tool chest a while back at Walmart and it felt like it was aluminion foil but I didn't check what brand it was because this was pre BF time. Any thoughts I wanna get hubby something to keep stuff in and maybe just maybe if he can find his tools he will use them to fix the stuff I ask him to :gd_pineap Thanks

Mara

are you asking about 3 chests or 2? the stanley at walmart has the six small drawers which is good. i have not seen this in person but the picture shows a chest worth $50.00.the tools that come with the chest may be worth the other $30.00 if you do not already have these tools. some stanley handtools are lifetime waranty. all craftsman handtools are lifetime waranty,the best handtool waranty in the industry,but not there toolchests that i know of. snap-on would cost you $555.00 for just the top chest.which craftman chest are you looking at so i can find it on sears.com .none of the chests in the bf sears paper, at any price, have the six small drawers that i look for.

are you asking about 3 chests or 2? the stanley at walmart has the six small drawers which is good. i have not seen this in person but the picture shows a chest worth $50.00.the tools that come with the chest may be worth the other $30.00 if you do not already have these tools. some stanley handtools are lifetime waranty. all craftsman handtools are lifetime waranty,the best handtool waranty in the industry,but not there toolchests that i know of. snap-on would cost you $555.00 for just the top chest.which craftman chest are you looking at so i can find it on sears.com .none of the chests in the bf sears paper, at any price, have the six small drawers that i look for.

The one in my walmart add is a stanely with 10 drawers and 79 piece tool set no. 89-515 its on the back page of my door buster sheet for $79.83. The one at my PX is also in the sears add I recieved on page 35. Its a craftman 5 drawer tool center for $99.99 says its normally $139.00. I just don't know what kind of quality stanely is. I want something good and sturdy that takes moving since we are Army and things we buy need to be able to take a move or two. My dad is saying go for the craftman. I have a 10% of any one item for the PX I could use to drop the Craftman down to $90. Which would you guys want? Thanks

Craftsman has about 8 or so different quality types of their tool chest so name is not a good enough description alone. The two things to consider are ball bearings for the drawers and the overall weight. I didn't even consider Craftsman because value wise, there are better choices.

The two brands I narrowed it down to were Waterloo and Clarke. Waterloo is sold also by Sears I believe but also by Amazon. Clarke is sold by Menards. Waterloo has different levels of quality (Pro-Maxx, Traxx, etc) and I believe they're made in Iowa. Clarke are made in China/Taiwan. The bottom 4 or 5 drawer was about 110 pounds for either company. The Clarke did come with mats for the drawers.

I ended up getting the Clarke HD 3 pc set from Menards for $398 for the 26" black/gold ones. I think they're still on sale this week for that price. Below is what an online place is asking for them.

If you want to go for around $100, get a craftsman 4 or 5 drawer base and get the top for it later.

if you are talking about the craftsman limited edition 5 drawer tool center #59790, i would go with the stanley after testing the drawers on the floor sample,if there is a floor sample. take all the drawers, the three large ones are most important, and start pulling them open and pushing them closed real fast many times. people may think you are crazy for a couple of minutes but who cares it is bf.