store employees and doorbusters

dissident

has anyone ever been nearly first in line and not gotten a doorbuster because perhaps they were reserved by employees and their friends? Is there a chance that could ever happen? Say a best buy only has 10 laptops, seems to me they would have to sell at least 10 to customers at the door to avoid legal troubles, or am I wrong? Just wondering. :)

happy thanksgiving

has anyone ever been nearly first in line and not gotten a doorbuster because perhaps they were reserved by employees and their friends? Is there a chance that could ever happen? Say a best buy only has 10 laptops, seems to me they would have to sell at least 10 to customers at the door to avoid legal troubles, or am I wrong? Just wondering. :)

happy thanksgiving

Are you going to be counting to make sure they sell 10 laptops to the public?? Didnt think so. :3paperbag

For most stores, I'm not sure about BB, employees can not put anything on hold OR buy anything while "on the clock". However, if a store employee doesn't work BF morning and decides to wait in line, they are allowed to make a purchase.

As I said, I don't know if BB is like that but that's how the majority of stores are.

For most stores, I'm not sure about BB, employees can not put anything on hold OR buy anything while "on the clock". However, if a store employee doesn't work BF morning and decides to wait in line, they are allowed to make a purchase.

As I said, I don't know if BB is like that but that's how the majority of stores are.

And I wonder how many REALLY follow that to a T? Hmm yeah.....;)

It's entirely possible for stores to do that. The ad says "minimum --" . If they get above the minimum, they coult, in theory, let employees buy them until they reached the minimum and then only make those available to the public.

However, I'm not big on conspiracy theories so I'll just assume that as long as they hand out the minimum, they're playing for.

RadioShack, however... :)

Store employees are allowed to buy whatever.

Apparently, same with Target.

I waited in line for XBox 360 at Target and the employees that had to work in the morning were NOT allowed to buy one. There were Target employees waiting in line however. There were 2 guys that closed at Target til 11:45 changed clothes and then stood in line til opening.

Guest general41391

If you work at Best Buy, you can do the following:

Choose the item you want, and get a rain check on that item/price and if there are any left (which the chances are rare) you can buy it. If there are none left, you just wait a week or whatever until it comes in stock again and get it for the cheap price...

I am an employee of Wal_Mart and I will be out there standing in line between 3-4 am like everybody else in the extremely cold Wisconsin weather. We are not allowed to buy anything ahead of time or put anything back we are like anyone else. Those working can only purchase during lunch hours or off hours. Or have someone else pick them up something.

I wouldn't want it any other way after all its the fun of the hunt don't ya think??? I am hoping to be one of the first in line. I was third in line the year the Furby's came out. I love Black Friday it remind me of the fun all beanie hunters use to have before Ty ruined it all for us.

Guest bigjhowe
Personally in my days of retail a WHOLE lot of that went on. Not many people really cared in terms of managmanet about employees getting certain stuff.

I used to work at Toys R Us years ago. Back then the managers let me put aside as much as I wanted to buy during the Xmas season (including Black Friday items). I worked in the storeroom, so when we unloaded the trucks and the HOT items came into our clutches we would put them aside for ourselves :)

Hey, the pay sucked so we had to supplement our income one way or another.

One year I bought so many Power Rangers, Starting Lineups, Tickle Me Elmos, Holiday Barbies and other HOT items during the XMAS season that I made a killing selling them in the paper.

Sounds like a lot of stores now have strict rules about employee purchases around this time of year.

Ah, the good old days..........

Guest Deals4Me

Thats what hubby says. And he's worked both on bf. CC and BB.