Where's that paper man?

kmbrly

With my ads?? It's after 3am and I'd like to go to bed soon. (Yes, I know it will be there when I wake up, but I want it NOW!!!)

My babies have already gone to bed, and they look so cozy...

MACY

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/kmbrly999/Picture035.jpg

and LUCY

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d77/kmbrly999/Picture034.jpg

Our paper is usually delivered around 5:30 AM.

Yep. Same here.

By the way, isn't it lovely to have a newspaper subscription when Thanksgiving rolls around? It'll be the first year in many years I don't have to drive to the local convenience store at 5 AM to get a paper.

-Mark-

With my ads?? It's after 3am and I'd like to go to bed soon. (Yes, I know it will be there when I wake up, but I want it NOW!!!)

From the paper thrower in Tulsa (me)- I'm waiting on the friggin papers to be delivered!!!! LOL We FINALLY got the pre-prints (ads) but now we are waiting on the real news to be printed so we can deliver. DH is at the drop site waiting, and I'm taking a break and checking the board. Trust me, I'd like a nap before being at Kmart at 7, but its not looking good for me.

Yep. Same here.

By the way, isn't it lovely to have a newspaper subscription when Thanksgiving rolls around? It'll be the first year in many years I don't have to drive to the local convenience store at 5 AM to get a paper.

-Mark-

Yes it is. We normally don't subscribe to the paper since I don't read it every day. One day they cold called me offering a $25 GC to a local grocery store if I sign up for 7 days a week @ $10/mo. I can cancel at anytime. Just received the $25 GC, I'll probably cancel next month.

Yep. Same here.

-Mark-

Another benefit of the subscription is that you get all of the coupons and you are supposed to get all of the circulars. Retail stores sometimes get a stripped down version - short some inserts. I've seen some other posts where people claim that they had the opposite experience, but I've talked to carriers and people who work for newspapers - they seem to confirm my experiences. Maybe it's just a YMMV situation. Maybe you need to tip your carriers better!! :g_thumble

i spent an hour running around town to get a paper, finnally went to the newspaper office at 7am to get one with "all" the adds. they told me I should subscribe, then I get first dibs on the ads in the paper. I manage a c-store and we had 100 copies with NO chain-store ads for friday (like 3 total BF ads)...glad i'm not working today, our customers are going to be ticked!