Walmart Offers Additional BF Items!

masilke

WTH? When I enter my zip online I see the BF ad, a page of BF electronics and the new toy page, all next to each other and you click which one you want to view up close. The laptop price on the first (big) ad is $488 but right next to it on the electronics page it shows it for $378. I'm not after the laptop, but it just doesn't make sense.

Why does Walmart do this crap? Settle on prices... NATIONWIDE!!!!!!!

As a former employee of Walmart I can tell you why they do this, each stores prices are suppose to be competitive for their specific locations. That's why prices at one Walmart can be very different from another Walmart.

How cool Masilke and Kandy......we are all in the same area!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

I didn't think that out of this big ole www that anyone from LA (lower Alabama) would be in here. Come by the credit union in Daleville sometime and say Hi to me. Have great Black Friday.....Kitty

What are your plans for BF? order of stores?

Walmart won't price match other Walmarts, and you have to remember that Walmart online prices don't include shipping which can fill in that extra rather quickly. My stinkin' Walmart added a bunch of crap too, I'm thinking of going today and getting that stuff and putting it in lay-a-way so I can still go to Circuit City on Friday morning.

walamart waited till they seen the other competitors ads (probably from this site...hence they did release their ad month in advance..i think there was a reason for this...(the flyer)) so they took the items that were higher in their own ad and made them cheaper than their competitors. Or to make their sales more appealing to more customers hence the 378 laptop instead of 398....but the flyer is only for the walmarts with stiff competition...

I am in Wisconsin and i seen a commercial last night for Walmarts Black friday sales and at the bottom of the screen it says "prices not in Wisconsin, Hawaii and a couple other places. The Lap top is priced $632 and the desk top is priced $492 and alot of other things are much-much higher here from toys to anything. So i looked at Target and CC and BB and the prices are the same. I wonder why only Walmart? I bet alot of people would be pretty upset if they knew. Some of the Walmarts are right in the area of BB, CC, and other stores so hmmm. The price differances are pretty high like the Leapster L-Max here it is $99.88 and across the border in Ill. it is $89.88. I will have to ask at my local Walmart to see why that is. Just thought i would share.

I think if you check in the store you will find alot of prices LOWER than the ad this is because of their ad leaks and because of the other ads being leaked they are lowering prices of items on sale at say TARGET (etc.) to compete with them. i.e. PMing or going even lower

Local paper has full page Wallymart ads on back page of several sections with the new lower prices...the Wallymart insert ad has the older, higher prices. I believe they must have not reprinted the circulars, but sure does make it confusing. Anyone else see that Walmart is price matching other BF ads?

walamart waited till they seen the other competitors ads (probably from this site...hence they did release their ad month in advance..i think there was a reason for this...(the flyer)) so they took the items that were higher in their own ad and made them cheaper than their competitors. Or to make their sales more appealing to more customers hence the 378 laptop instead of 398....but the flyer is only for the walmarts with stiff competition...

This is correct. Laptops should be $378 at pretty much every walmart.

I was at WM last night and they had the "extra" ad posted everywhere. It didn't have the desktop on it and I got scared..:runaway: I asked the electronics guy if they were gonna have it.

He said yes.. The reason for the extra ad is because others are having laptops, lightsabers ($22 at Target, $21 at Walmart), etc.. cheaper and they are just competing with the competition.

Which is great, because I wanted the Target lightsaber, but we don't have a Target for 30 miles.

I was at WM last night and they had the "extra" ad posted everywhere. It didn't have the desktop on it and I got scared..:runaway: I asked the electronics guy if they were gonna have it.

He said yes.. The reason for the extra ad is because others are having laptops, lightsabers ($22 at Target, $21 at Walmart), etc.. cheaper and they are just competing with the competition.

Which is great, because I wanted the Target lightsaber, but we don't have a Target for 30 miles.

I am so happy this is working out for you:)

i just got my ad from the newspaper and theres no inserts and the PC's are still 488. Did you guys get the ads from the papers or did you walk into the stores to get them?

You have to get them IN-STORE.

My computer AND laptop where $398 in the paper.

WTH? When I enter my zip online I see the BF ad, a page of BF electronics and the new toy page, all next to each other and you click which one you want to view up close. The laptop price on the first (big) ad is $488 but right next to it on the electronics page it shows it for $378. I'm not after the laptop, but it just doesn't make sense.

I do want that laptop. I called my brother in AR and his paper ad is showing the laptop to be $488. Thats a big difference. Mine is show $398 but online $378l