Warning about BB e-machines

Havoc904

So they will have some that aren't upgraded and some they've already upgraded? And the price on the upgraded ones will be higher?

I can tell you 100% certain they will not be upgraded for free. Whether or not they actually do this at all the stores or just the sleazy ones (all?) I don't know.

So they will have some that aren't upgraded and some they've already upgraded? And the price on the upgraded ones will be higher?

Sort of.

Every eMachines desktop will be $149 out the door with no rebates. The only really important upgrade is increasing RAM to 512MB. Best Buy's "Geek Squad" will offer to install additional RAM, spyware, anti-virus, etc. and overcharge you for it. If you accept these additional services you will naturally pay more.

Make sense?

Thanks! It definitely does! I don't want any of the extras and will be highly pissed if I happen to be one of the few who gets the pc and then it already has the extras. I know I can have them take it off but that would eat into my valuable shopping time elsewhere.

You'll probably get a stock $149 eMachines, they will ask you non-stop to have all this stuff done.

Please please say NO NO NO NO NO until you're blue in the face. Spyware and anti-virus programs can be downloaded for FREE.