BB LAPTOP, 1 Per Household!!!

nancy_7997

I just looked at the BB ad closely and it states 1 per household!!! I was going to take my sister with me to buy 2 but we live in the same house. How are they going to know you live in the same household:mad: ????????? Anyway to go around this? any advise?

Don't tell them? Assuming one of you is paying in cash they could never tell, and if they try anything, just be adament about it since they have no proof that you live in the same household.

Yep, that's there to discourage hording but I don't think anyone is going to look too closely at it. If they collect your address info with a computer at the time of sale, I'd be worried about the computer flagging the 2nd sale because of a duplicate address, but if not I wouldn't worry. Happy hording. :)

Yep, that's there to discourage hording but I don't think anyone is going to look too closely at it. If they collect your address info with a computer at the time of sale, I'd be worried about the computer flagging the 2nd sale because of a duplicate address, but if not I wouldn't worry. Happy hording. :)

I dont see a problem with more than 1 per household as long as they are being used as gifts and not a scam on ebay where you just want to round up all the laptops you can and go mark them up 300% to make some money,

go get a real job fu:censored:kers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF they want to, they CAN enforce it. All they have to do is make you "register" and show your Driver's License before they give you the ticket. I do not think they will, but do not be suprised if they do. I know in my area a lot of stores are cracking down because of the people with 10 kids bringing all of them to wait in line with them so they can get around the limit.

I'm probably going to get shot for saying this but I dont think there is anything wrong with buying something cheap and reselling it on ebay. It's all about supply and demand, man. In this case, I am not going to hord all the puters to resell on ebay, but I have done it with other smaller ticket items. I took the time to find the sale, clipped the coupon or stood in line. Why not resell to someone that doesn't want to do anymore than click their mouse a few times?

For the computers,I would probably start it at $50.00 more than I paid and then let it go from there. It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay anyway. If there are people willing to pay $1000 for an emachine I only paid $149 for or 1900 for an xbox that was only $300, than that is how much it is worth, to them.

I'm probably going to get shot for saying this but I dont think there is anything wrong with buying something cheap and reselling it on ebay. It's all about supply and demand, man. In this case, I am not going to hord all the puters to resell on ebay, but I have done it with other smaller ticket items. I took the time to find the sale, clipped the coupon or stood in line. Why not resell to someone that doesn't want to do anymore than click their mouse a few times?

For the computers,I would probably start it at $50.00 more than I paid and then let it go from there. It's only worth as much as someone is willing to pay anyway. If there are people willing to pay $1000 for an emachine I only paid $149 for or 1900 for an xbox that was only $300, than that is how much it is worth, to them.

No they HAVE To pay them because others swallowed up all the merchandise just to make a quick buck knowing that lots of others wanted one. 1 per person folks! damn its not a hard concept to follow. :argue_cur

The difference is that the store is a place for people to go to buy (insert item here) and its very concievable that the store would sell all the stock if truly people were only buying 1 (or whatever they needed for non-resale use). By you standing in line and taking the stock for your own resale use, you are depriving people at the end of the line from getting the item. They must go through you, or elsewhere, to get it, and pay a premium, because you horded them.

In other words, your contention that the people who buy your item are not willing to do anything more than clicking their mouse, is wrong because they may be the same people standing at the end of the line who went there to make an honest purchase but could not since you bought them.

The difference is that the store is a place for people to go to buy (insert item here) and its very concievable that the store would sell all the stock if truly people were only buying 1 (or whatever they needed for non-resale use). By you standing in line and taking the stock for your own resale use, you are depriving people at the end of the line from getting the item. They must go through you, or elsewhere, to get it, and pay a premium, because you horded them.

In other words, your contention that the people who buy your item are not willing to do anything more than clicking their mouse, is wrong because they may be the same people standing at the end of the line who went there to make an honest purchase but could not since you bought them.

:g_clap: I 2nd that.

So, if I purchased several items to resell, somehow my purchase would be less honest? In the eyes of someone desperate to get it as well, I guess it could be seen that way. I don't see it as being anymore dishonest than someone hiding the items they want to buy in order to come back later to get it or buying it ahead of time so they can PM later. This site is full of ideas on how to get what you want for the price you want to purchase it. But "hording" items for resell-that is unforgivable! LOL

Do you play the stock market? Isn't the goal when playing to buy low and sell high? Would it be smart to buy 1 share in a company that you know will go through the roof, just because you're worried that some other dude is going to come along and wish they had a piece of the pie as well? Or would you get all that you could hoping to make a major profit? Would u hang onto that one share when its at its peak just because you feel its wrong for someone to make a profit? That's what I thought!

You may disagree with it right now because you're feeling desperate to get those items on your shopping list and you're hoping to discourage people from buying several that they do not need in order to secure your purchase. Thats fine and well. I'm hoping someone in front of me doesn't have this in mind as either. But do I feel it's wrong for them to do this? Well I might for a minute if I am unable to get my $149 computer, but ultimately I know it's really just good thinking on their part.

And yes, a lot of people do shop on ebay because they don't want to leave their house and they enjoy the bid war. Just as much, if not more than we enjoy the bf rush. If someone is silly enough to pay 300 times more than a product is going for elsewhere, then so be it. People who sell on ebay are not evil. I am able to only work part time in a real job because of ebay. No, I am not lazy. I am just a smart mama who doesn't want to give someone half my paycheck to raise my kid. If that's dishonest, then so F*ckin be it!

Guest general41391
I actually do not think this is fair...I mean I don't want to be second in line but have some guy with 30 brothers/sisters buying the eMachines...ugh

So, if I purchased several items to resell, somehow my purchase would be less honest? In the eyes of someone desperate to get it as well, I guess it could be seen that way. I don't see it as being anymore dishonest than someone hiding the items they want to buy in order to come back later to get it or buying it ahead of time so they can PM later. This site is full of ideas on how to get what you want for the price you want to purchase it. But "hording" items for resell-that is unforgivable! LOL

Do you play the stock market? Isn't the goal when playing to buy low and sell high? Would it be smart to buy 1 share in a company that you know will go through the roof, just because you're worried that some other dude is going to come along and wish they had a piece of the pie as well? Or would you get all that you could hoping to make a major profit? Would u hang onto that one share when its at its peak just because you feel its wrong for someone to make a profit? That's what I thought!

You may disagree with it right now because you're feeling desperate to get those items on your shopping list and you're hoping to discourage people from buying several that they do not need in order to secure your purchase. Thats fine and well. I'm hoping someone in front of me doesn't have this in mind as either. But do I feel it's wrong for them to do this? Well I might for a minute if I am unable to get my $149 computer, but ultimately I know it's really just good thinking on their part.

And yes, a lot of people do shop on ebay because they don't want to leave their house and they enjoy the bid war. Just as much, if not more than we enjoy the bf rush. If someone is silly enough to pay 300 times more than a product is going for elsewhere, then so be it. People who sell on ebay are not evil. I am able to only work part time in a real job because of ebay. No, I am not lazy. I am just a smart mama who doesn't want to give someone half my paycheck to raise my kid. If that's dishonest, then so F*ckin be it!

:rotflol: Wow your really looking a little too deep into this buddy. My only concern is the unjust you are doing to everyone behind you that waited hours also and now cause you want to snatch all the supply up those folks have to fork out addlt monies that would not have been needed if you only would have taken you limit of 1. :g_laughin

Fair is Fair but when you take as many as you can purchase you kinda are kickin everyone in the gut and tellin them so what buy them now on ebay for $499 or higher. :gd_stars:

First of all, I just wanted to say....this smiley is awsome!:sib:

Anyway, I have no plans to do this as I already stated. I just need one and my aunt is coming a long with me to get one for my cousin.

I am not shocked that they are limiting one per household. In fact, I am pleased they are doing this today because I need one LOL I will probably be pissed if someone lets a group of 30 people cut into the line for this purpose. That is unfair. If you're not out there earlier than I am, then you shouldn't get first dibs on everything. If you're out there standing in the cold hours earlier, take an extra puter, you deserve it, man!

Dats all i'm saying

This thread is getting deep!

Ok - question. For those who advocate first come, first served - doesn't that arguement extend to those who are in line behind the hoarders? I believe I've seen more than a few posts say that you should have gotten there earlier - first come, first served.

Next - is there, or, from the sounds of it, should there be a restriction on resale of such items. I can almost hear the applause from someone who got left out at the end of the line when an ebay (or other) reseller gets busted. But what about someone who had to work on BF and couldn't get that item - why should they be punished? They can now buy it from one of these resellers and still save some money off the retail price.

I think it all depends on your personal stake and point of view.