Best Buy: Hiding stuff in appliances?

RossMAN

Guest Deals4Me

It's not hiding, it's mis-placing. Lots of customers do it in every store every day (we ex-sales associates know this quite well, we picked up all of your crap! LOL JK!). ;)

damn you! PUT IT BACK!!!!! PUT IT BACK RIGHT NOW DARN IT!!!:fryingpan

:sidesplit

Guest Deals4Me

I have definitely thought about this before, but since the line snakes between the appliances, I've always wondered what the people near me would think of going through the line empty-handed, or almost empty-handed, and then just opening up a random oven to get my MP3 player or DVD or whatnot...

-Mark-

I would love to be 4 or 5 people behind you just to hear the reaction!!!

Wouldnt this be funny.

I watch someone put an item into a washing machine. After watching them I take it and hide it in the back of the store. But before i can do this ,the person yells at me and makes a big scene.

Ya as there screaming "No double hidseys, No double hidseys":clapping:

Last year I got to BB about 10am. I knew the hard drive I wanted would be gone, but my wife was next door and Linens N Things and I didn't want to go there.

Anyway, sure enough, there was a big empty space where the drives should have been. Knowing that people hide things I started to look through all of the drives that were still there (and not on sale). The top of the boxes looked indentical, and I know I would have hidden a drive there - it doesn't stand out the way one in a freezer would.

I didn't find any and was about to walk away when an employee walked over and dumped 5 or 6 drives in the empty space.

I asked him if these were the drives that were on sale and he didn't know, but he said, "I have been finding these around the store all morning."

Sure enough, it was the drive I wanted!

Of course, I still had to deal with the checkout line that went around the entire building and was estimated to be 3 hours long. There was no way my wife would have been ok with that.

I wandered around for a few minutes and found a subwoofer and some DVDs I wanted, but was thinking about putting them all down since I knew I couldn't wait in that line.

I happened to be in the back of the store, in the stereo area and saw a folding table with only 3 people lined up at it.... there was also a register on the table.

I didn't know what the deal was, but I figured I would get in the line and the worst that could happen is that I would be told to get in the real line, this one was for VIPs or something.

I waited about 5 minutes and then the guy rang me up, no questions, no strange looks... and all this time people were getting in the "real" line and waiting 3 hours!

All told I was in and out in under 30 minutes.

I think this register was supposed to be for people that were signing up for satellite TV or something (there was a lot of DISH equipment there and some banners), but they rang me up, so I didn't question it.

I just want to thank the people that hide stuff and don't go to pick it up early... you made my BF 2004!

I've done this but not for my own gain lol. My uncle wanted a cd burner that was $5 after rebats at BB a few years ago but he didn't want to wait in line. He called me while I was in the store and asked me to pick it up but I didn't have the cash so I hid one by the vaccums but a sales associate saw me and put it back so I had to hide another one behinds some boxes. It was still there 3 hours later lol. The cashier was a little suprised to see something that everyone thought was sold out though lol.

Is anyone else tempted to hide small stuff in appliances like MP3 Players, DVD sets, etc.?

When BF hits, grab your door busters, head straight to appliances, grab your stuff and run to check out.

What would be funny is if someone bought the appliance that you stuffed your merchandise in and didn't notice it till they got home!! :slaphappy

I wasn't gonna hide my stuff, but I went in yesterday so I could buy it and then at a DECENT hour, get on line and do a return/rebuy only to find out that just about everything that is on sale on BF is already off the shelves and sitting on pallets right at the front of the store. Now I HAVE to stand on line outside the store for hours...ERRRRRRRR

On this topic...

Well, I stopped by Target today. They are low on my priority list, but I WAS hoping to get a few things. So, I picked out my stuff and was just browsing in the furniture department, you know, opening all the drawers and having a look see....

I broke a piece of furniture, the drawer just fell right out of the dresser. I was SO horrified. I had to run away and then come back when the coast was clear to, uh, check out some of the other furniture. :-)

I felt really embarrassed...now, hopefully I won't forget where to look on Friday.