Secret Santa 2012 Official Discussion Thread

ClosedAcct

I agree with all of you. I had somewhat of a difficult person to shop for not a lot of information but I loved the challenge and of course went over the budget but I love making someone smile by receiving a simple gift. You can count me in as an elf if needed for any of the exchanges. I don't do the cards because I honestly don't have the time. I hope it all works out!

I received the greatest Hallmark Keepsake Ornament from my favorite Christmas movie "A Christmas Story". I am thrilled - thank you so much. I had already watched the movie before Thanksgiving and will be watching it more and more as the season moves along. This is my first Christmas Story ornament and I really love it :)

[attach]7206[/attach]

I received my SS yesterday...here's my haul:

M&ms(greatest candy ever)

Hershey's pot of gold

2 bath and body works soaps(my favorite)

Bath and body works 3 wick candle

Christmas reindeer socks(LOVE)

3 Victoria's Secret body spray/mist/lotion

Thank you to my SS. So many things! So appreciated! Merry Christmas to you!

(Hope my photo posts correctly!)

Just got my ornament package.... thanks a bunch to my OE person! The pair of ornaments I received are like mini pillows, each the size of my palm - one snowflake shaped and the other a regular ornament shape. These rustic looking, outdoorsy ornaments (which have a pine needle/cone/berry trim on top and twine loop for hanging) are a PERFECT match for the wreath I just made for our door. Also included were cranberry shimmer shower gel and body mist, a pouf and two packages of holiday coffee. Since the coffee is for a coffee maker and I don't have one... I guess I'll have to talk to DH about getting one! :D

The ornaments are going on the tree, as are the coffees, and I'm sure DD will snatch up the bath items when she gets home from school. Thanks again for a very thoughtful package! :gdthankyou:

Love seeing all the photos and reading all the descriptions! Hope everyone is having fun!!!

As is usual, sounds like I might've overreacted (I stress too much!). This is the current state of affairs! :)

Secret Santa - 46 people

33 - shipped; 10 received (the received number is based of having posted receiving; same for OE)

10 - late/pending

3 - no word

Ornament Exchange - 28 people

20 - shipped; 6 received

6 - late/pending

2 - no word

Mine came today too! I got a cute pink john deere license plate, a smaller green one, a hershey bar and some star bucks hot cocoa. Thanks a lot Secret Santa, I"m excited to get the license plates up on the wall! My daughter has already confiscated the hot cocoa lol. I did take a picture but something is wrong with my picture program on here so I will upload to hubby's computer when I get a chance. Thanks again :)

I received mine last week while I was out of town. Was a nice welcome home after a rough week. Received some cool puzzles, my favorite candy - Whoppers, a cranberry candle that smells lovely, and two gift bags for my girls (how sweet of my SS to include them!). So after we get our tree and get it decorated, I will sneak them under there for them to wake up to, so we can practice for Christmas! :) Thanks to my awesome Santa!

I also forgot to mention a card game for the family to play, which we played this last weekend at my sister's 40th birthday party. Everyone loved it, and some playing cards and a keychain of my fav team, the Denver Broncos! My girls woke up Sat morning to their little presents under the tree, and they got coloring books and crayons. Perfect timing for our 2 hour roadtrip. Thanks again SS, for spoiling all of us!

Just a quick note that I'll take pictures and post of my received ornament exchange. WAY NICE for sure.

ALSO - in my mail today is a CARD EXCHANGE card for Caitlin Nickel in MN (how the heck it ended up in SE Georgia, down by the Swamp?) from Tashay Clayton in DE. I will be putting it back in at Post Office a little bit later today.

Got my package! It was awesome. My ss went above and beyond! I got an awesome santa stocking with candy in it ( I already ate it ) an aweome snowman box with a hello kitty pen and keychain, and air freshener for the car. A super cute santa candle, a warm blanket. I love blankets! Bath and body works lotion so nice smelling and fun ornament! THANK YOU SO MUCH

I was having a horrible day when the mailman came bearing gifts!

[attach]7211[/attach]

[attach]7212[/attach]

Thank you soooo much for my goodies! You put a smile on my face and I truly appreciate that!

I received..

Gummsaver Sweet Game Book (Yum)

Millstone Kcups (My Fav)

Addidas Running Socks (Love)

Snowman Dip Mix Set (Cute)

Police Salt & Pepper Shakers (Wow)

2 Police Ornaments (:))

Thank you for your generosity and the thought you put into my gift!!

Well, like I said in my PM, I think the 3rd is an acceptable date. It gives possible elves time to shop for their SS if anyone flakes out.

And I think you did a great job as well!

AGREED!!!! The 3rd is a good date because by the time you figure out who is not going to ship and get an elf, there is little time left.

And I also agree you did an awesome job!! Unfortunately, some people just flake out no matter who is organizing and what the rules are :( Nothing anyone can do about it