Secret Santa 2012 Official Discussion Thread

ClosedAcct

Thank you to my SS. I opened my package to find new dress socks! Mine always go missing, so these were a great surprise! I felt silly putting those on my list of questions, but I really seem to go through them quickly! They will be used daily, so thank you for being so thoughtful.

Alrighty! I've responded to everything!

At present this is how things look.....

Secret Santa - 46 people

23 - shipped

10 - running late but expect to ship this week

13 - no word

Ornament Exchange - 28 people

16 - shipped

2 - late

10 - no word

As a reminder, TODAY was the deadline to ship. I understand people get behind so if you're running a few days behind, just let me know so I don't start harassing you! :)

That's a lot of no words... does it look like an elf or two will be needed?

I'm not sure. I'm kind of nervous but I'm going to give it to Friday and then spend a day or two asking and then think about an elf or two. I'm hoping folks are just busy and forgot to tell me or are in the process of shipping.

Oh I didn't go through the thread to see if people have said something in the thread but not in a PM, let me do that real quick.

Okay, went through the thread, and back through the emails and PMs, and unless I missed something these are updated numbers.

Secret Santa - 46 people

26 - shipped

11 - running late but expect to ship this week

9 - no word

17 - shipped

4 - late

7 - no word

Updated numbers:

Secret Santa - 46 people

27 - shipped

12 - running late but expect to ship this week

7 - no word

17 - shipped

6 - late

5 - no word

I think I am going to need at least 1 elf for the SS. I swear I went through all the names of folks who signed up to make sure they met Eve's requirements but now, one person is not evening showing up as a member of GottaDeal. I don't know if I missed checking the name or if that person was there but has closed their account. I sent this person and email so we will see.

I'm going to go ahead and email/pm everyone who I have not heard from today.

I think I am going to need at least 1 elf for the SS. I swear I went through all the names of folks who signed up to make sure they met Eve's requirements but now, one person is not evening showing up as a member of GottaDeal. I don't know if I missed checking the name or if that person was there but has closed their account. I sent this person and email so we will see.

This is just sad. Why would someone close thier account over a 10.00 swap. Why sign up. This is sad. my ornamanet person never said anything so I hope that they like their ornament! :yup:

That is how it should be. I love shopping for stuff like this. It is so much fun. I try to pay special attention to what my DD likes and doesn't like.

The first year I did this, I put all sorts of time, thought, and money into what I got my SS. Never got a thank you, or even an acknowledgement of them receiving their items. Then, to top it off, they never sent anything out to their SS. Makes me so mad. Why sign-up if you are going to flake out?

My thing is I get you may fall on hard times after you sign up, just say so. No harm, no foul. Don't just disappear. Perhaps this person changed their screen name maybe? I feel awful for all of you who enjoy doing the shopping and surprising people only for some people to be this way but it's only been one day so maybe everyone will check in!!! Here's hoping! At the very least, the person sending to the person who seems to have disappeared (henceforth known as 'Waldo') hasn't checked in yet either so maaaaybe Waldo won't be receiving - which would obviously create a chain of flakes so I am NOT hoping for that outcome but like I said, it's only been a day and even though I listed the 3rd, I did feel it was a bit early but since it was my first time running this, I just mirrored Eve's rules and deadlines. If I do this next year, I'll probably push it back a week.

My thing is I get you may fall on hard times after you sign up, just say so. No harm, no foul. Don't just disappear. Perhaps this person changed their screen name maybe? I feel awful for all of you who enjoy doing the shopping and surprising people only for some people to be this way but it's only been one day so maybe everyone will check in!!! Here's hoping! At the very least, the person sending to the person who seems to have disappeared (henceforth known as 'Waldo') hasn't checked in yet either so maaaaybe Waldo won't be receiving - which would obviously create a chain of flakes so I am NOT hoping for that outcome but like I said, it's only been a day and even though I listed the 3rd, I did feel it was a bit early but since it was my first time running this, I just mirrored Eve's rules and deadlines. If I do this next year, I'll probably push it back a week.

You did great with the organization and in reality most people are having fun. It's early and I am sure other people will begin to reach out to you.

You did great with the organization and in reality most people are having fun. It's early and I am sure other people will begin to reach out to you.

Thank you :) And rather than wait and wonder, I decided to just ask all of them now :) (I need a lesson in patience that actually sticks for more than a day or two :D)