What do you buy for ungreatful people ???

hillbillyswife

Give her a pack of latex balloons. When she asks what it's for tell her "for all of your hot air"

But seriously - I would get something fairly inexpensive that you can pass off as somewhat thoughtful to keep your hubby happy. I would not dwell or spend too much money on it as you know they will hate it and it's doom will be re-gift or trash. Do a joint gift rather than each one separately. Go a Donation in your name as others suggested. Or find something completely tacky that you can give them like some candle sticks that can be a little ha ha to yourself. OR you could be a bigger person and try a nice bottle of wine or something of the sort.

Ugghh this sounds like my sister in law. One year I went out and found the ugliest stuff I could find. A makeup case that would make a stripper blush all blinged out and glitterized, a candle that smelled like poo.. Guess what..she loved it!! I thought figures..her taste matches her personality. Love the gas card idea..How about going to the thrift store and picking up one of those ugly christmas sweaters! I would just howl with laughter..tell them it's a gag gift....

An etiquette book?!

Seriously though. My son is making coasters out of tile for some of his teachers. Maybe your kids can make them some of those. If you google coasters made from tile it will give you the instructions. They are actually pretty neat because you can use whatever design or picture you want.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

. However, I have gotten a used bathroom complete with stains and her cigarette burn holes as my Christmas gift--- wrapped up nicely though :rolleyes:. I have also gotten socks that she removed the matching sock to each pair so I got only 1 sock.....not sure what that was about.

i think your missing a word?a used bathroom???

as for the socks she might have bought them that way...i saw a site selling 12 pairs of unmatched socks...they are in style i guess????but i think thats a new thing this year