which tablet to buy?

jbond

Can anyone suggest a good tablet under $200? All of the reveiws that I am reading for the tablets under $200 aren't good.

Both of our daughters are in college and they don't want to take their laptops everywhere they go so they asked for a tablet for christmas. I wanted to stay away from the nook or kindle becuase they can't get apps for amazon and barnes and noble on both and I know you can with a regular tablet. I personally love my ipad but I don't want to spend that amount of money right now.

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

I would recommend for them the 7 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab2. It comes with 8gb of memory and you can ad more via a microsd slot. Has 2 cameras (front and rear) It says it is supposed to be $249 but I got one for $170 and another for $179.99

I got this for my husband (shhhh...it's a secret) and already have the 32 gb micro SD card to add to it.

Everything I've read seems to be positive.

P.S.-if he doesn't like it,guess I got myself a tablet for Christmas!

I got this for my husband (shhhh...it's a secret) and already have the 32 gb micro SD card to add to it.

Everything I've read seems to be positive.

P.S.-if he doesn't like it,guess I got myself a tablet for Christmas!

I hope your hubby doesn't read this forum's post.

I've been researching this a lot myself lately. A lot depends on your needs, but overall most reviews I've read point to the Nexus 7. The iPad mini is too expensive. The Kindle Fire HD is pretty good, but apps are limited since Amazon runs a modified version of Android. The Galaxy Tab2 lacks in clarity and some other issues compared to the others three. They claim the Nexus 7 is the fastest and has the best display and has a solid OS. Not that the others are bad (they all seem close), but the reviews I've read lean toward the Nexus. It can be had for $199 (16GB) or $249 (32GB). I think you'll probably be happy with whichever you choose.

I REALLY dislike the android processing system. It is SO SLOW and aggravating compared to my i-phone. I want to get a tablet under $150 for my 2 year old, (sounds crazy I know, but my phone keeps him happy so I can EAT!) but if a tablet is too slow for me, imagine for a 2 year old? Lol. I bought a $100 one form walmart, and it was horrible. I hear the Nabi 2 is great, but I believe that is a droid as well?