Layaway Policy

ILoveGoodDeals

My sister sent this over to me and it doesn't seem like it would be true... Any input?

"-Items on layaway that are paid off on Black Friday will be sold at Black Friday pricing.

-You may use coupons on layaway Black Friday items.

-You can price match other stores Black Friday ads (even on layaway items paid off on Black Friday)."

http://m.southernsavers.com/2012/11/walmart-black-friday-price-matching-layaway/

My sister sent this over to me and it doesn't seem like it would be true... Any input?

"-Items on layaway that are paid off on Black Friday will be sold at Black Friday pricing.

-You may use coupons on layaway Black Friday items.

-You can price match other stores Black Friday ads (even on layaway items paid off on Black Friday)."

http://m.southernsavers.com/2012/11/walmart-black-friday-price-matching-layaway/

Well this is a very interesting article!!!

So will they honor their own ad. I have a Nabi 2 on layaway but BF they are 70.00 cheaper. Also, it is an 8:00 Thursday night sale. but there is no time limit listed. It just says while supplies last.

I think I will just pick it up Thursday night. Then, I will go to the store where my layaway is, and pay that one off as well. Maybe they will honor it for 129.00. Then I will just take one back or see if someone else wants it (for the same price) because I'm sure that there may be some that won't be able to get one. I don't want to lose my 5.00 gift card..lol.

Even if I call and ask about it, I still can't trust that what they say...There are always those employees that don't know what they are talking about, especially this time of year when so many are either newly hired or temporary.

I don't think it will work because alot of their items, the doorbusters have a special code. They will however lower the price on everyday items that go on sale. Nonetheless I am going to try and take my layaway out on Black Friday especially if I don't get a Nabi 2. I have one in layaway cuz that's what my five year old wants.

My thing is that most of their sale items say while supplies last. So, I would think that they would have to honor it if you already have it on layaway.

I know that in our store if something is on sale BF and they sale it in the stores, then they will put them up alot of times until after the sale is over. This way you can't price match.

Last year though, we were able to get the Disney books from the shelf for $ 5.00 as they were advertised.

I don't think it will work because alot of their items, the doorbusters have a special code. They will however lower the price on everyday items that go on sale. Nonetheless I am going to try and take my layaway out on Black Friday especially if I don't get a Nabi 2. I have one in layaway cuz that's what my five year old wants.

Yeah, we have one on layaway also.

I am just wondering if they will lower the price if you have it on layaway since that is their policy. The ad just says while supplies last, it doesn't give a specific time that it ends unless it is in the fine print (I can't see it..lol).

I am still not taking a chance though. I am going to try to get it Thursday night. I am planning on going at 5:00. We live in a small town so that should be plenty early enough..

Layaway will be closed so technically you can't pick it up until Saturday when it reopens and the price is back to normal. Some Walmart s may open their layaway that day but company says it won't her open. Best buy does have it in their current ad for the same price now though so you can comp it anytime.