Official Black Friday LINE REPORT Discussion Thread - Post Your Reports HERE

jaymacfla

You the first ones in line?

Yes, as usual! Thank goodness that is! It has been fun already with all of the haters. We heckle them back, some have to shout their disgust and one employee told a hater that we were jobless!

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/Black-Friday-shoppers-begin-campout-days-ahead-of/isBMLWby9kSKwOo855sZOA.cspx

Edited by jaymacfla

I have never been able to get my head around this. Clearly, people who do this have to leave the line from time to time during their wait. How does that work? Can you set up a tent on Monday and return in four days? Do you tag team so that at least one person is in the camp? Do 'late comers' join the campers? At what time does this become inappropriate? Are you allowed one or two latecomers? Must they be in line three hours before the doors open? Is there some kind of informal union among those who are assured a doorbuster to protect the position of the others?

Even when I have lined up a couple hours early, I see people enter the front of the line in the hour leading up to the opening. I can't imagine someone who slept on a curb being very happy that a tent manned by a single person for four days becomes a hive of anticipation in the hours before opening.

What do you pros see?

Well can't say I am a pro. Last year was the longest I ever stayed out. 25 hours. Before that it was tops 12 hours. This year its 28 hours but actually the easiest. Got here parked walked around the mall, had dinner. Sat/Slept in car until :30 this morning when someone showed up. Went and put my chair in first place. DH is sitting there now I am leaving to go get breakfast. If this was everyyer I would then become a pro... lol

I have never been able to get my head around this. Clearly, people who do this have to leave the line from time to time during their wait. How does that work? Can you set up a tent on Monday and return in four days? Do you tag team so that at least one person is in the camp? Do 'late comers' join the campers? At what time does this become inappropriate? Are you allowed one or two latecomers? Must they be in line three hours before the doors open? Is there some kind of informal union among those who are assured a doorbuster to protect the position of the others?

Even when I have lined up a couple hours early, I see people enter the front of the line in the hour leading up to the opening. I can't imagine someone who slept on a curb being very happy that a tent manned by a single person for four days becomes a hive of anticipation in the hours before opening.

What do you pros see?

What do you pros see?

It's a honors code. Line forming is actually run by the customers. Not by the store itself.