Official Black Friday LINE REPORT Discussion Thread - Post Your Reports HERE

jaymacfla

It's that time again! The amateurs and the Pros are getting geared up, and some early reports are that the climate for extremely early camping is tenuous at best.

I am trying to get the details, but South Florida has campers at Best Buy and drama has unfolded out in California with the two earliest "campers". Perhaps some threads can be merged here, because there is information regarding Target lineups as well. Sears and Kmart will also yield some first ever campers as well.:eyepoppin

Edited by bigjimslade
changed titles to make it official

Are they in line for the Wii U? I believe that comes out Sunday?

They could be, but if the draw for that item was that strong there would be lines all over the place. Similar comments have been thrown around concerning the Chromebook, but the official line is, they are not getting them in time for Black Friday.

Saw on our morning news show today....5 tents outside of Best Buy in Delafield, WI, some have been there since yesterday. Probably taking advantage of our well above average temperatures this year! :)

http://www.wkow.com/story/20127819/black-shoppers-already-camping-out-in-delafield

I know...I don't want to jinx it but standing in lines this year will be bearable but now all the non die hards will be out there too.

Packing up and getting ready to be first at BB in NY. Already contacted the local paper to let them know they don't have to wait until Thursday night to interview me this year. Didn't tell her WHEN I'm going, just assured her that by tomorrow morning she can stop by and there will be people on line. I am planning to head out shortly. Last year I got there 6:30 pm Wednesday but there was talk that some may arrive Wednesday morning this year, so I'm getting the jump on them by going today. Current weather : FREEZING!!! The high for the next few days is low 40's. Got my heater, and convinced mall management to allow tents this year for the first time EVER.

Hope to be able to update my photo on the left this year as well WHEN I'm in the paper again. Last year they took pictures of me but used other pics for the paper when it came out. That pic in the paper is from 2010. Plan to make it 4 in a row, 6 of the past 8 years this time.

Every time you guys post a multiple post I panic that more people are getting in line then I see its the same person lol. Of course, I may have just done that to someone else so sorry! I hope there are no news media when I get in line Wednesday night; I don't want the attention. Wish I could go today!

The problem with Livestream is that it uses several streams and servers to do your webcast.

For example if you pick the High + Mobile + Medium setting it logs into 3 servers. With Ustream if you pushed it to HD or whatever it goes to one server.

Using a hotspot it does not work at all. Last year with ustream it worked. I tried to use the BB network and I got flagged for using too much bandwidth.

We encountered problems like BigJim, but we have two booms going up, and the news crews from FOX and CBS are hounding us constantly. We had video up, but the connections kept dropping.