Good news for XBOX 360

jipy

yeah, all the stores around me are getting about 8. my WM got 24 premiums and 22 cores. market/location makes a big difference... we're located near the largest university in the state. And I hear WM and CC got priority deals with Microsoft, but who knows.

One of the premiums turned up missing, though. Somebody at my store is gonna get their ass fired for stealing or for understocking if the PI count drops to 0 after we sell the other 23. We're going to either have to look at transaction reports and see what register it gets rung up at (and hope they use their discount card) or go through about 72 hours worth of security tapes to see who's been in and out of the locked storage room.

Im glad Im not the only one who finds that a lil strange, Im really thinking they were told not to answer anybodys questions, cause they get real defensive.

Just crazy, my hubbys just trying to get an idea of where he should line up first!

If he knows somebody with a Sam's Club business membership, get them to get him in during the 7AM-10AM business member only hours on Tuesday and he can get one, before they open to the regular members at 10AM.

I've read on 3 different forums I frequent that there are lines already as of 8PM Sunday night at Walmarts, Best Buys, etc. already, across the country.

(unbelievable for a stupid videogame that will be easy to get by February or March)

Bill

If he knows somebody with a Sam's Club business membership, get them to get him in during the 7AM-10AM business member only hours on Tuesday and he can get one, before they open to the regular members at 10AM.

I've read on 3 different forums I frequent that there are lines already as of 8PM Sunday night at Walmarts, Best Buys, etc. already, across the country.

(unbelievable for a stupid videogame that will be easy to get by February or March)

Bill

We dont have Sams Club around us! Very small town.

One of the premiums turned up missing, though. Somebody at my store is gonna get their ass fired for stealing or for understocking if the PI count drops to 0 after we sell the other 23. We're going to either have to look at transaction reports and see what register it gets rung up at (and hope they use their discount card) or go through about 72 hours worth of security tapes to see who's been in and out of the locked storage room.

Well that was DUMB whoever did that............gonna be UGLY when yall find out.

on the Louisville area, where I'm currently at, there are nolines...yet. I'm up and going to start calling the stores every 1/2 hour to hour. AndI'm going to be planted in wal-Mart by noon. Ugh! for the midnight release. Then heading to Bb or Target for another one. got lots of true gamers in my family....... think happy warm thoughts for me!

Working at a Sam's Club...we got ours in last week. I find it VERY hard to believe that your Wal-Mart doesn't have theirs yet

So Sams Club will have them. If I am a business member I can get in at 7, does that help me?

Any idea on bundle prices at Sams?

I hope so! Hubbys the one who has to have it LOL Ive just been the lil secretary trying to get info and working out his game plan.

Thanks for all your info :D

While he's out waiting in line, if he doesn't score you can always start trying online. I may have misinterpreted but it looked to me like the Xbox 360 could be available online on launch date also from some stores like Best Buy, Circuit City and maybe others. Again, I don't know this for sure as I was quickly looking over ads but I thought I read they would also be available online.... What time I have no idea...

scratch what i just said. I just woke up out of my sleep and called wal-Mart. The electronics guy whispered to me..."if you want one, come right now! Cmne to electronics and get a ticket# and a chair. hurry!!!!" I said ok, I'm on my way, what's your name? He said BRAD!" Isn't funny how Brads all over help people get a great dealsl! Thanks Brads! ;-)

on my way now.............

Wow, its days like today that I am grateful hubby is a mgr for EB. lol. He has to do a midnight release, so he gets to bring his home afterwards! No waiting in line! Yippie!

Oh, whoever said something about it...BB and WM are the "Official Retailers" and will get more than other places.

And the CorePremium ratio is not 2/1. Hubby got in 26 Premium, and 1 core. So did most of the other stores in our district. (Not as many premium, but most have 1 core). And he got his shipment in late last week, and of course it is street dated. I have a very hard time believing a WM doesnt have them yet, seeing as they are the "official retailer".

We had a couple people in line at Toys R Us around 6 tonight because apparently all the other stores already had like 20 people in line. Our service desk people thought it was a joke when people asked where to line up. hahaha. They aren't even giving out tickets until tomorrow morning (we open at 9).

Hubby got his :yelclap: He got stuck with a core. Walmart here only got 12, only 2 were premiums, so now gonna have to buy all the extra stuff, hes an online player so gotta hunt down a hard drive now. How dumb is this had the consoles NO GAMES for it, now they are going to a different walmart to get a games.

I dont know whos fault it is, Microsoft or the retailers but all this Xbox 360 stuff has been horribly unorganized.