walmart tv...never bought bf...how long to go camp?

momee2twins

DH Would love one of the 65 inch for $688. Enough that he will figure a way to schlep it home during an 15 hour drive. How long would I have to go camp for one of the big ones? Any chance it'll go online?

Is it me I dont see a 65" only a 60" we were planning on getting the 65" from sams but if Walmart will have its one less stop

DH Would love one of the 65 inch for $688. Enough that he will figure a way to schlep it home during an 15 hour drive. How long would I have to go camp for one of the big ones? Any chance it'll go online?

It's a 60" Vizio and it's normally $1k. Ignoring the risk of coming home empty handed, what does it cost you to drive 15 hours each way in a vehicle that will transport a 65" set? Get a Discover card if you do not have one. The 5% cashback makes the cost $950. I can't imagine any scenario where driving 30 hours is not going to cost you $250.

Even better, get the 60" Viera Plasma for $900 and spend Thanksgiving watching football.

It's a 60" Vizio and it's normally $1k. Ignoring the risk of coming home empty handed, what does it cost you to drive 15 hours each way in a vehicle that will transport a 65" set? Get a Discover card if you do not have one. The 5% cashback makes the cost $950. I can't imagine any scenario where driving 30 hours is not going to cost you $250.

Even better, get the 60" Viera Plasma for $900 and spend Thanksgiving watching football.

Len, unless I misunderstood, they will already be 15 hours away, probably visiting family, so the cost of gas is a moot point.

I would go check out the size of one of these boxes and see if it will fit in the car/truck :) If it won't, maybe find someone at your house who will buy and transport it home for you :)

Len, unless I misunderstood, they will already be 15 hours away, probably visiting family, so the cost of gas is a moot point.

I would go check out the size of one of these boxes and see if it will fit in the car/truck :) If it won't, maybe find someone at your house who will buy and transport it home for you :)

I still wouldn't want to haul it back though. I would order it online and have them deliver it to my door.

Normally i would say with the bigger tv's not really a need to camp. This one might be an exception though on the count of being such a good deal and people talking about it that usually dont go for black friday things. But I would give yourself at least a couple hours head start or at least do some calls to the store or walk through see if anyone is inline. I have that tv and it is nothing short of gorgeous. The only thing if you are hauling it that far and i dont know where you live make sure you let the tv warm up to room temperature before plugging in.

We'll be away visiting family and I would rather order online & have it delivered (or pick up at our store when we get home, only 3 minutes from our house to walmart), but its tempting to schlep it for $300 savings. Its the one we've been planning on buying as we have other vzio tvs and they work great. It'll fit (have a trailblazer), but would be tight with 3 kids and all the other nonsense that comes with a trip to grandparents' house with the only grandkids in the family. (think fao schwartz on wheels). I appreciate all the advice though!

It's hard to guess on line size because Black Friday's starting earlier than ever. Plus, as always, time spent in line will need to be significantly higher if you live in a warm climate. BB lines start very early in places like Florida. Sub-zero temperature? Not so long but extra misery.