Is it stupid to go out BF by yourself?

Floppy

what do you mean?i was able to get many items at office max and i dont even have my driving permit.if that tells you anything.

Oh, just that when you're camping in line, it's better to have two people so you can have 'shifts'. And a friend of my mothers told me it's better to go with someone else so they can grab things for you.

Hi,

I would go out by myself....it honestly (at least in my area) is a fun time. Some people might cut lines - but really I've never experienced anything that I felt unsafe about. It is great going with someone but I would do it by myself.

Have fun!

Lisa

I've gone by myself for about 10 years now. My mom is not able to walk far distances and she says she would just slow me down! I am usually out and finished by 9:30 AM.

Now, I have never gone a few hours early to get in line like I am doing this year, but "I have always believed in the kindness of strangers..." Never had a problem, even when 6 months pregnant! Be nice to people and they are nice to you... even when standing in line at Circuit City for 45 minutes!

June

I'll be going alone, plan to be near first in line... I'll be fine.. a bit cold perhaps... perhaps I'll sell some hand warmers... I've got 50 or so of them in the trunk... wear a few of them since it will be about 18 degrees out.

haha, that's what I'm planning on doing. I just hope people don't see me and go, "Oh, hey look it's a teenage girl.. let's cut in front of her, who cares!"

But safety isn't really a problem I don't think, the Best Buy I'll be at is apart of a long chain of stores, and it's in a pretty safe area.

it would be the after i'm done shopping that would concern me

try to remember to have your keys in your hand before you exit the stores that way you do not have to stand at your car and dig for them and keep your eyes like windshield wipers :)

be safe!

My very first BF 2 years ago I went out by myself. I didnt feel the least bit scared or threatened as there were plenty of people there for anyone to try anything, but I was bored as heck. All of the people in front of me and behind me were young college kids that were acting stupid, so I didnt have anyone "normal" to talk to LOL and I didnt bring anything with me, so I just had to stand there, just me and my coffee for hours alone.

Guest all2tired
I go every year by myself but I don't camp out. I get in line around 5 am but this year it'll be by 4 am since Walmart is opening an hour earlier. Also for the first time, I will be with somebody else but we are meeting there

I've always gone by myself with no problems. I don't camp out though. The earliest I get to the store is an hour before it opens and I've been lucky enough to get what it was I came for. For a place like Best Buy though, I think you would need to be there a lot earlier then that.

As a female who probably can't talk her husband into waiting at Best Buy for hours, I'm a little nervous about it. I called the store, and the employee said she arrived about 40 or 50 minutes early last year to shop and the line was short then. I'm really not sure how early to arrive, or if the ad will attract more early birds this year. I might wait in my car until I see a few other women in line, if I can't talk anyone else into going with me. I guess I don't have to be the first--I just need to be in the first 15 or so.

I don't think it is dangerous, I went last year by myself.... and there are so many people put that morning, I would certainly take the same personal precautions you would take anywhere else you shop alone. But bringin a friend always gives you an extra pair of hands and a shoulder to shiver on lol :grandpa:

But, what if you need more that one of an item? Does WalMart allow you to get two of the jeeps or other doorbusters?

I don't know if their policy might have changed this year but in years past at Walmart I have seen plenty of people buy more then one of the doorbuster items without a problem.

Question for the people that go out to BF by yourself: What do you do if you need to go to the restroom while waiting in line, if you ask the stranger standing next to you in line to hold your place, aren't you worried that they may steal your place when you return or lie to you and say that they don't remember promising to hold your place? What suggestions do you have if you have an emergency while waiting in line? Has anybody brought one of those "portable restroom" with them and used them? Isn't it embarrasing to use those?

Question for the people that go out to BF by yourself: What do you do if you need to go to the restroom while waiting in line, if you ask the stranger standing next to you in line to hold your place, aren't you worried that they may steal your place when you return or lie to you and say that they don't remember promising to hold your place? What suggestions do you have if you have an emergency while waiting in line? Has anybody brought one of those "portable restroom" with them and used them? Isn't it embarrasing to use those?

hahah, I'm so happy I can go up to 15 hours without using the restroom.

I will be going out by myself this year for the first time. I normally go with my sis-in-law and her mom. but her mom is recovering from medical problems and my sis-in-law is 36 weeks preggo!!!!

So she is about to POP any day now~! LOL

BUT- I think I will like going by myself, i can get more done and dont have to wait for people to putter around when i can get up and go :)

i have went by myself and i feel my shopping goes easier and faster than having to wait for someone else i want to jump around to all the stores and with someone else it would take to long......

I agree w/ you here. I always do better by myself than if I have another person. But I don't have a choice thise year. Going to a 24 hour Walmart and need hubby to be at a different pallet to make sure we get what we want. Hoping we won't have trouble meeting back up.

Guest mldepalma
I am planning on going by myself. Not sure who will have it easier; me or my husband who will be stuck home with our 4 kids - 6yrs, 2yrs, 4mo., 4mo.(twins). He doesn't complain since it gives him an excuse not to go shopping with me. And I don't have to "explain" my purchases until after I do all my shopping. Works well. It is also a lot easier to move quickly through the stores by yourself.

I have asked all of my family and friends to go with me to camp out at the BB for BF and all of them have said Im crazy. I may have to guilt the hubby (who is very anti-BF) into going and standing with me. Or else he may never get to use the compuer I am buying. ;).

I went my first year with my sister. Now I always go by myself. There is nothing worse than itching to go to your next store and your partner still needs something and you can't go.

Also, I always make friends in the line where I am. I have never had someone not let me go to my van, or potty or whatever.

Good luck!