Thanksgiving Day sales ads...when do they come out?

MarkRaby

We usually get ours in Thanksgiving Day's paper.

Thanksgiving Day? I seem to remember getting them earlier and being able to plan well in advance what (if any) stores I wanted to hit. It seems like very short notice to have ads for sales that start at 5 AM or 6 AM in a newspaper that arrives right about that time.

-Mark-

Thanksgiving Day? I seem to remember getting them earlier and being able to plan well in advance what (if any) stores I wanted to hit. It seems like very short notice to have ads for sales that start at 5 AM or 6 AM in a newspaper that arrives right about that time.

-Mark-

They've always come out in the Thanksgiving Day newspapers.....the day BEFORE Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.

Gives you a day to actually peruse the "real" ads and plan. It's done this way, I suppose, to give as little time as possible to consumers to make long-range plans.

Those Thanksgiving Day newspapers are HUGE!!! Worse than normal Sunday papers.

Mark - I covered some of this in the what ads are you still waiting for thread, but both kmart ads (T-DAY & BF) were apparently in wed paper last year and you of all people were the one who posted that biglots was in wed paper. Items for the meijer t-day sale were posted on Wed.