Employee Gift Ideas

leefamily23

I need a cute idea for gifts for my employee's. It needs to be reasonable (usually something relatively small) as I have 39 employee's. 3 years ago I gave them each Tim Hortons Gift Cards (but I had 1/2 the employee's then). 2 years ago I got them each Christmas themed blankets w/ an ornament. I scored a great deal at the Christmas Tree Shop. Last year I got them each one of those insulated cups w/ the lids and straws (for their desks- we have a water cooler but no cups) and scratch off lotto tickets.

I don't think I want to go homemade, as I'm not crafty and really don't have the time.

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?level1_id=300&level2_id=307&pdept_id=439&dept_id=712&cat_type=C&pf_id=46203 for the women

http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.aspx?level1_id=300&level2_id=718&pdept_id=721&cat_type=C&pf_id=46202 for the men and fill it with a notepad and pen

go to dollar tree and buy 39 christmas plates and fill it with baked goods and candy.

Edited by dealluvr
add

The company that I worked for gave us a ham every year. I hated it. Not a fan of ham and it was big enough for our family but not big enough for a "family gathering." I think lunch would be better option & maybe you could buy a few items that you could draw names to win for an additional bonus. These could be a few better priced, maybe $25, gifts. Good luck & it really just depends on your budget. I could probably give more ideas but Im not sure what your budget is:)

I can't do the bonus check, that is beyond my control. (I don't own the company, just a manager of a large department :) ). Heck, I am even hoping for a bonus. These are great idea's, a few I can maybe do. The problem w/ the gift cards is that to do even a $25.00 gc would cost me $975.00--- I have a good job, but not that good of one ;). That would be no Christmas for my family, and I really appreciate my employee's a lot, but not enough to give away getting anything for my own kid. I have to go on the smaller side due to the sheer number. It was so much easier when there were only 8 people a few years ago.

Lunch might work- the only problem is I have them spread over 3 locations and in different deparment's at those locations. So, coordinating might be difficult, though I am going to see what I can do to make that happen.

I would also look for local places that will give you a discount for buying alot of one thing in bulk. Some will

I love this idea for a couple big reasons:

1) Shopping local stores helps small business owners in your area (& in today's Walmart-shopping world, they need all the help they can get); and

2) You will have a chance to see the items up close & personal to make sure it's what you want, and you could probably even have the items personalized (either with the company logo/name or their own names)-- and I believe all of that would make the gifts mean more to your employees, even if it meant not buying as "nice-looking" of a gift as you might get elsewhere!

I would start with screenprinting shops (they typically carry a lot of neat stuff), maybe check with a leatherworking or metalworking shop, or even a local pottery-making shop or community art center!

I love this idea too! Even if you have to buy a few Keurig's And as most people know, they aren't just for coffee lovers, you could do tea, cocoa, etc... And no one has to clean the coffee pot, like in my office years ago. .

what about a keurig for the office and a mug for everyone?

You could maybe event get them a mug with their name on it--so no one looses/confuses! And many k-cups to last for 2-3 months.... that'd be much cheaper than 25 gift cards... and also maybe you could put a sign out along with the new Keurig, that although you bought K CUPS in ADVANCE if they could put 25 cents in a box, once a day they could help contribute to the next box of k-cups...

Edited by allshoppedout

• 2 weeks later...
Nothing yet. I think I am going to go w/ a small token type gift from Bath & Body works for the general staff, which makes up 31 of them. Then I have 3 supervisors who report directly to me and I am leaning towards getting them something a little more (they really put up with a lot from me). Probably a grocery or Target gift card. Plus there are 5 leads who I am still leaning towards Bath & Body Works, just maybe something a little bigger than I get for the other 31 of them. Or possibly a $5 Tim Hortons gift card to go w/ their B&B item.

I'm in a supervisory roll at work. We just re-orged to a team of about 22...11 under my manager and 11 under the other. We have a department lunch and we'll do a team lunch (I'll probably buy a deli tray for that) but I want to get everyone a little something because they really are good about putting up with me! :sidesplit

Last year I got everyone a gel pen ($10 for 10 at Walgreens) and Chocolate Reindeers from Lindt.

This year I'm going to give them cookies from store.selmas.com (I will make some homemade treats too, but we have some people who won't eat homemade treats because there was an incident where someone found a hair in a homemade cookie..ewww) Anywho...Selma's makes cookies and treats fro Walt Disney World and they are so yummy! Me and my husband love them! I thought this was something nice..and I'll get a variety so people can have something they enjoy. I'm also writing up a nice card for each...

I think it's really the thought that matters most.

Edited by burberryplaid
Updating link