amazon add-ons

nat1jen

:confused:

I have noticed within the last few days that several items that I want to order from Amazon are now called "add-on" items. They only qualify for free prime shipping IF your order is over $25. Isn't this why I bought prime, so I don't have to have an order total of $25? I don't like this new policy. Sorry if this is a re-post!

that stinks!

:confused:

I have noticed within the last few days that several items that I want to order from Amazon are now called "add-on" items. They only qualify for free prime shipping IF your order is over $25. Isn't this why I bought prime, so I don't have to have an order total of $25? I don't like this new policy. Sorry if this is a re-post!

It's mostly smaller items I've seen that have been changed to "add-on." They started it a little while ago.

Yesterday, I noticed it with a $9 item. Today I noticed it with one of their daily deal items that cost over $12. After paying over a $100 for prime, I don't understand why I still need to get over $25 in my cart for free shipping. This defeats the purpose of buying prime for me. I am wondering if they are adding more and more of the "add-on" items to get more in our carts. :(

Add ons have been a thing for close to a year now. I found out about it while on the kindle forums. It's mainly for people who use the super saver shipping. IT's not items amazon usually sells. They are put on there for people using the free super saver shipping which requires a 25.00 purchase. Plus it was costing them too much to ship us some items that were only a couple of dollars .

Yes- we are Prime Members and several things we have wanted to buy are now these "add on" items and do not qualify for our Prime Shipping. It seems to me that Prime is less of a shipping benefit and more for digital content. Our Prime renewal comes up in January and we are highly unlikely to continue it. :) Becoming VERY dissatisfied with Amazon overall in the past several months.

Every time we buy something the price goes down right after we purchase it - that just makes you angry!

Amazon prices change hourly. When that happens to me I call them and they usually give it back to me. The digital perks r supposed to be added benefits, but they were really losing with so ,any people including me, buying 1 or 2.00 items and having them shipped prime. I live 10 miles in the country. It was ridiculous. sometimes I would laugh t the ups guy for bringing me that 1.00 package.

Yes- we are Prime Members and several things we have wanted to buy are now these "add on" items and do not qualify for our Prime Shipping. It seems to me that Prime is less of a shipping benefit and more for digital content. Our Prime renewal comes up in January and we are highly unlikely to continue it. :) Becoming VERY dissatisfied with Amazon overall in the past several months.

Every time we buy something the price goes down right after we purchase it - that just makes you angry!

We did call one time - Something we bought, I don't even know what it was now - dropped like $40 in less than a day! They told us too bad :( I was temped to re buy it and send the first one back when it arrived.

I've had that happen and amazon told me to rebuy it and refuse the first shipment. I've done that many times since and it always works. I only do it when it drops a lot but I did it a few times last Nov and Dec when I bought something and found a lightening deal later.