Laptop; to buy Now or Later?

My wife is wanting a new laptop for Christmas and I have been looking for an awesome deal on one right now but I'm not finding a whole lot. The few that I have found that have the specs she wants are either brands with bad reviews or out of my price range. I'm working with about $500. With the holiday deal's coming up soon, should I wait a few weeks for the sites to start offering some deals??

Thanks!

Start checking for stores to start clearing out their BTS laptops and making room for the holiday stuff. Especially with Windows 8 coming out this week. I have already started seeing a few at Best Buy. We got one last year the middle of November that was clearance and also the display, so we got an awesome deal on it.

Also, it should only be another week or two I would think before they start offering good deals. A couple weeks ago Best Buy already had some "special offer" laptops, of course they were probably not with the specs you are looking for.

Start checking for stores to start clearing out their BTS laptops and making room for the holiday stuff. Especially with Windows 8 coming out this week. I have already started seeing a few at Best Buy. We got one last year the middle of November that was clearance and also the display, so we got an awesome deal on it.

Also, it should only be another week or two I would think before they start offering good deals. A couple weeks ago Best Buy already had some "special offer" laptops, of course they were probably not with the specs you are looking for.

Thanks for the input! Yeah I saw a few really good discounts on laptops at Best Buy but they were brands that got terrible reviews and they weren't the specs I needed. I see a few on Newegg sometimes but they're only like 1 day deals. Once November hits, I'm hoping I'll have more luck with it :)