Ever seen deals on Tracfone for Black Friday?

mommy2twingles

Looking to get my 2 10 yr olds their own phones for Christmas. Mostly for use when they are at activities and need a ride or some other emergency situation. I don't want to spend a lot on them as they are already getting 2 big items. I was trying to hold off and wait to within 60 days of Christmas since I know you have that long to activate.

So with that being said does anyone remember seeing deals on a Tracfone on BF or around that time?

Just looking at the last two years:

Last year ShopKo had only Tracfone cards. No stores had a BF special on the phones that year.

In 2010, Sears, Shopko, and Meijer had specials on Tracfone phones and cards on BF.

You may also want to consider other brands of prepaid phones and compare overall cost.

Pharmacies periodically have deals on the calling minutes cards for various prepaid phones.

Not sure if you have a cell phone yourself. Almost all companies (Verizon, AT&T, TracPhone) have them on sale usually for about $10. I bought the verizon one a few times, they come with $10 worth of calls (so the phone itself is FREE) and when calling other Verizon calls you pay $1 per day and have unlimited calling.

I don't know of a time limit on activation.

On the Tracfone website you can get a refurbished LG 500G for $19.99 and it comes with a 60 minute card which is a $20 value. So basically a free phone.

I got a similar/same phone as Spice9195 at Dollar General last winter for $5.

My daughter gets her service through pagepluswireless.com and she can get a year of service and 1000 minutes for $80. If you don't want to buy one of their phones you have to do some research to make sure you get the right phone.

Would you be interested in the Straight talk phones at Walmart? We've used these for a few years now and they've been great. No contract either. You can do $45 a month for unlimited talk,text and unlimited web access or $30 a month for 1000 minutes, 1000 texts and 30mb of web access. They have other plans as well. Walmart usually has a good deal on BF for one of the phones. We get great service pretty much everywhere with these phones. We had contracts with ATT several years ago and the Straight talk has been much better for us, it's been cheaper and alot more minutes this way instead of having to share the minutes like we did with ATT. Before with ATT, I think we were sharing either 750 minutes or 1000(don't remember which one)between 4 of us with unlimited text and I believe we were paying around $180 a month. This way, we are paying $30 for each person and getting the 1000 minutes,texts and 30mb web. So this is a much better way to go for us.

I would definitely look at the prices on minutes- Tracfone is ridiculous. Net 10 is ten cents per minute (and is run by tracfone). You can get a phone for $10. My son has Verizon pre-paid. He gets unlimited mobile to mobile texting for $10. Both are great alternatives to the who don't need the full amount provided with straight talk.