How many places do you celebrate at during the holiday season?

ajburlingame

This year we are having a christmas party at work during regular business hours and I do not think my husbands employer is having anything at all so we have a total of 6 holiday celebrations which includes Christmas morning at our house. We will go to my Grandpa (dads dad) on Sat. Dec. 17 for pot luck. We will go to my other Grandpa (moms dad) for breakfast on Sat. Dec. 24. We always spent the afternoon and evening of Christmas Eve at my parents house. We will have Christmas with my daughter on Christmas morning, noon on Christmas day at my inlaws and supper on Christmas evening at my Grandma's (moms mom). We should be exhausted by the end of the day on Christmas. We are so lucky that everyone lives within a 15 mile area.

Guest all2tired

Hmmm we have the office Christmas party for DH's work. (don't think we're going even though it's mandatory)

Family Christmas party

FAST Christmas party (Family and schools together)

Don't think this counts though- Cousin's 50th BD party

All but hubby's work party is on the same day. which do we attend? Decisions decisions

Edit: forgot Christmas eve party at brother's house but won't be going there either

Hubby's office party

College's Christmas party

Christmas party at our house for friends 2 weeks before Christmas

Family Chistmas party 1 week before Christmas

At home Christmas day in the morning

At son's just before noon on Christmas day

And I am sure we will be invited to a few Christmas parties,,,but I don't want to over do it and get sick ...so maybe one party of our friends.

Things have changed since we have moved so now we will continue the tradition neighborhood party (in the old neighborhod) then go to my moms for the family get together which will now all be on Christmas eve. Then off 200+ miles back home to wait for Santa and then MIL all on CHristmas. Should be a all new experience. I have never missed Christmas morning at my moms until now.

:gd_steeri We do Christmas Eve with my dad and on Christmas day we go to 3 different places (relatives both sides) after we open our gifts first thing in the a.m. I've never been home much on Christmas day, even when I was a kid. We always packed up and went to my Aunts house and Grandparents. We still make the "rounds" on that day.

Christmas Eve at my parents' house

Haven't decided on when to have it with the in-laws. They are talking about coming to our house Christmas Day.

Christmas morning at our house with the kids

Christmas dinner with the church

DS will have a party at the library with his story hour group

DD will probably have a party with her Brownie troop

I will celebrate at 5 places this year, 1st will be at a local nursing home (so sad to see them left like that, but we always cheer them up), then hubby's military party, then my office party, then my family, and then we head to Missouri for hubby's grandparent's house to have Christmas with his family!

Hubbys Family Christmas get together is Dec 10th.

Christmas Eve we go to Hubbys Grandparents whole family goes there.

Christmas morning we all do our own thing.

Christmas Day we usually go over to my MIL for dinner.

Then of course kids have all their lil things at school that they do.

We have:

my immediate family on Dec. 10th (parents, siblings, kids)

my extended family on Dec. 11th (aunts, uncles, cousins)

Christmas Eve with dh's parents (nobody but us, he's an only child)

Christmas Day - stay at home for the first time!!

New Year's Eve - party with our friends. This one is my 3 girlfriends from high school, spouses and kids. We have a dinner and the kids exchange gifts. It's just about my favorite party!LOL

Neither of our workplaces are having parties this year and dh wanted to skip going to his aunt's on Christmas Day. He said that for once he'd like to stay home and enjoy the family and play with the presents. I'm so grateful!!!