Have You Ever Taken Back...

treasure60

I take back doubles as well as some of the things that are not what I want them playing with. Clothes are the biggie that i have to exchange since most people can never get the right size. Does anyone else have this problem - no matter how many times I tell someone the right size they can never get it right (and I haven't changed in 4 years)?

Guest all2tired
I've never taken back a gift that somebody gave me or my kids unless of course it was broken or missing pieces. I have however won things and returned them to the store saying it was a gift to get store credit.

If it is something we already have or doesn't fit or we just can't use it - I take it back if I can. If I can't take it back I'll give it to someone who can use it. I have no problem returning gifts and I hope that ifI get someone something that they can't use that they'll do the same. At least that way we all have what we want.

I always tuck the actual receipt (not a gift receipt) in an envelope in with the gift. Anyone who received a gift from me knows that I would far rather they took back anything that they didn't like for any reason and get what they WOULD like. There is nothing worse than spending my hard-earned money on something that will just get kicked into the back of a closet.

By the way, I have run into situations where I did not get the credit for a gift receipt in the amount that the giver said it should be for... and I had nothing to argue with. Could be the giver was "over estimating" the value of their gift, or the store was underestimating it. I will never know, but I figure my recipient is safe with the actual receipt. If they are just plain nosey and open the envelope just to see what I actually spent, oh well.

I always tuck the actual receipt (not a gift receipt) in an envelope in with the gift. Anyone who received a gift from me knows that I would far rather they took back anything that they didn't like for any reason and get what they WOULD like. There is nothing worse than spending my hard-earned money on something that will just get kicked into the back of a closet.

By the way, I have run into situations where I did not get the credit for a gift receipt in the amount that the giver said it should be for... and I had nothing to argue with. Could be the giver was "over estimating" the value of their gift, or the store was underestimating it. I will never know, but I figure my recipient is safe with the actual receipt. If they are just plain nosey and open the envelope just to see what I actually spent, oh well.

A lot of stores are now just giving the last sale price of the item, even if it wasn't the price paid on the gift receipt. How nice of them, isn't it??? And so convenient considering there isn't a price on the receipt.

I wish people would return my gift if they do not like it. I get phone calls from family members in July asking if I still have the receipt because they just opened the box and it didn't work, or something crazy like that. Or they have the nerve to re-gift it to me. As if I wouldn't know. It's just a waste of my money. And it isn't like I buy purple and green sweaters two sizes too big. I put a lot of thought into my gifts.