Have you started Christmas shopping or are you wating for Black Friday?

gatorburg

I have quite a bit of Christmas Shopping done already! :) This year, we are doing quality over quantity. Honestly, my kids have more than any.one.person.ever.needs. Christmas's growing up for me were always very extravagant. Not necessarily any one thing being expensive, but just LOTS of stuff. This year, my girls are getting some of the girl legos (the actual house and vet center), American girl dolls, digital camera, and perhaps a new Fire. That's pretty much IT! I love their faces for the few minutes while opening everything, but then we have 364 days of fighting about stuff not being taken care of, of being all over the floor, of not being kept picked up! So, less is more ;)

Stockings are almost finished, just need candy and gum. I also got dd9 a few more things off her list that I did not think I would find cheaper on BF. Mom and I went through everything I have put away this past year and I have all the teachers and friends done. I still have plenty to get between now and Christmas but no one else has given me a list. Well, my oldest DD did say she wanted some kind of mop from Bed bath & beyond!!!

I haven't started yet; still trying to get my dds' lists together. dd10, I told, I need her list by the end of the month and dd4, I just haven't started hers really. I have a couple of things in mind like the walk & giggle doll, innotab2 (and accessories) and the graco toy baby high chair, car seat and playpen. dd10 is getting a kindle fire, a Bieber bedroom set and whatever else might be on her list. So, it looks like, I'll be starting end of Sept/mid Oct, which is when I started last year.

My In-Laws are buying my DD17 a laptop for Christmas\B-day and I got to do the shopping. Since back to school seems to be a good time to get a laptop (I bought one last year and never saw a better price during BF season with same specs) I recently pulled the trigger on a Lenovo.

Lenovo is formerly IBM. Got the pc for $595 AFTER tax plus I'm getting a 100 rebate. PC normally $750. So for $495 total got a pc with these specs:

8 GM ram

Intel 3rd gen i5 CPU

750 GB HD

15.6 screen, web cam, etc

I had some trepidation with buying so far ahead of the season but after my good experience last year I'm thinking I won't see a screaming deal that beats what I got (yes, you'll see cheaper laptops but for comparable specs I'm hoping not).

Two years in a row I've gone with Staples - easy rebates and solid sales. Good luck to all you laptop\tablet hunters this year.

^^^ Think my son bought the same lappy for his GF for Christmas! Lenovo Thinkpad from Staples? Although I think he paid a little less. Bought it during our state's tax-free weekend with a back-to-school sale instant savings, $150 coupon on a Lenovo laptop and the $100 rebate (he requested a check vs. the pre-paid visa, which he did just receive), for under $400. Great deal for Christmas, found a great laptop backpack at Ross to go with it!

I have bought one present for my dd3 , pocahontas on dvd lol . Shes probably getting a dollhouse or unless we find something else or she wants something different. I feel very behind, but last year was crazy from october 13 when my grandfather died, then nov. 16 of last year my dad was killed from tornadoes that went through our area . So needless to say alot has gone on, even though last year i did still go bf shopping my best friend said i wouldnt feel the same if i didnt go . So, yea hopefully this year , i can go shopping and enjoy it more this time around.

I have bought one present for my dd3 , pocahontas on dvd lol . Shes probably getting a dollhouse or unless we find something else or she wants something different. I feel very behind, but last year was crazy from october 13 when my grandfather died, then nov. 16 of last year my dad was killed from tornadoes that went through our area . So needless to say alot has gone on, even though last year i did still go bf shopping my best friend said i wouldnt feel the same if i didnt go . So, yea hopefully this year , i can go shopping and enjoy it more this time around.

So sorry to hear that! I hope you'll be able to enjoy this holiday season while remembering the good times.

I haven't started as of yet, but will this weekend. I am planning on having everything bought by Black Friday. Although I am sure that even after that I will probably find more to buy, I can't seem to stop when it comes to Christmas shopping!