Cabbage Patch - Whats the difference between Newborn and Babies?

imjustagirl

I noticed the $10 Cabbage Patch from the walmart ad is in a different packaging (laying down instead of sitting up) then the babies I see in stores now. I was trying to figure out what the diffence was between the two and realized the Walmart CP is a NEWBORN.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the two? Looks like baby might come with a blanket and bottle and such?? Also looks like they can 'hold' a bottle and binky in their mouth. Are they the same size doll?

Any CPK experts care to enlighten me

I saw these laying down ones at target yesterday...I do believe they are called Giggle babies or something to that effect...I know if you press their tummy's they giggle. At TRU the other day I saw the holiday edition that someone here got early for the BF price, and that one was not laying down. I tried to find a pic of these giggle babies but came up empty......I know I didnt imagine them...my daughter must have pushed that tummy 10 times!!!

Oh well I tried!! Hope that helps a bit!

I believe (and not a 100% at all) that the regular dolls are 18in the babies are 16in and the newborns are 14 but I am just going off the CPK sewing patterns I have so no idea if that is still accurate

I believe this is correct. If I remeber right it was kinda that way when I was little. My preemie was smaller than the others.

Thanks guys :) I think the baby I had as a kid was a preemie. My kids play with him now. No, actually...didn't the preemies have soft bodies? Like bean bag or something. Ugh. Now I'm confusing myself :)

So, do they sell the CPK NEWBORN that is in the Walmart ad anywhere else? When I searched Ebay for Cabbage Patch NEWBORN the Walmart packaging (laying down with a red bow) is the only one that comes up and almost all of the sellers are in Canada. When I search NIB BABIES the ones that I see now at TRU, Walmart, Target are the ones that come up (in a similar box to the 'kids').

I don't think they sell preemies now a days, do they? I'll have to go search and see what I can find. Why not add a third kinda 'baby' to confuse me :)

Who knew a dumb doll could be so much trouble :fryingpan