BB shop early and save coupons??

pnlcooper

Did anyone else receive the shop early and save coupons in the mail, guess BB s trying to cut down it's BF traffic a bit.

They are good for 10 % off, got 2 of these and one for 12% off.

Heh; yep. We got 4 sets of them. But 10% off a single item? When BF is next week?? Give me a break... :teacher:

-Mark-

Sorry to break it to you guys, but you should have kept those. The BF deals on GottaDeal are not correct. There are a few things on there that may be correct, but a majority of them are incorrect. As a Best Buy employee, I know that we are making THIS Sunday's through Wednesday's ad better than our BF ad on purpose. We are doing it so that people don't have to go through the lines on BF. We are expecting 1/3 of the people we had last BF on this BF.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but you should have kept those. The BF deals on GottaDeal is not correct. There are a few things on there that may be correct, but a majority of them are incorrect. As a Best Buy employee, I know that we are making THIS Sunday's through Wednesday's ad better than our BF ad on purpose. We are doing it so that people don't have to go through the lines on BF. We are expecting 1/3 of the people we had last BF on this BF.

Is the $149 computer still going to happen on BF?

Is the $149 computer still going to happen on BF?

That, I'm not sure about... you might take the chance just in case because we usually have at least one REALLY good deal on BF. I would check out the Best Buy nearest you on Sunday as well because sometimes we have better deals than just what our ad shows because we can only put so much into a 10-20 page ad. And this Sunday's ad is actually just 8 REALLY big pages.

Well on some things like tvs that have a low margin 10% off might be better. Or on things you want that are not already on sale. I have 4 new best buys opening close by, only 1 is close enough to shop at, and have 3 10% coupons, but I don't need anything.

My question on these "hot" deals is what happens when its defective. What if your $149 computer or $999 plamsa tv is doa? It happens. Do you give you another item, or are you sol since its a one time deal? Anyone ever had it happen?

Well on some things like tvs that have a low margin 10% off might be better. Or on things you want that are not already on sale. I have 4 new best buys opening close by, only 1 is close enough to shop at, and have 3 10% coupons, but I don't need anything.

My question on these "hot" deals is what happens when its defective. What if your $149 computer or $999 plamsa tv is doa? It happens. Do you give you another item, or are you sol since its a one time deal? Anyone ever had it happen?

The one I am at is pretty good at returning items if they are defective... however especially if you are planning to get a plasma tv, we recommend the service plan regardless. Heck even Consumer Reports recommends Best Buy's service plan on a lot of items, but especially on plasma tvs. The computer is tough to say, I work in computers and if we truly have this deal (which I don't even know if we do to tell you the truth) the computer is usually gone the same day and we never get it again because they are special once box items (ie the monitor and computer are in the same box).

When I was at BB yesterday, the salesperson told me that their BF ad was going to come out on Sunday. However I couldn't get the guy to confirm any definite items or prices. He did point out to me to look at the inventory that was stocked up on high shelves. That confirmed several items matching the BF ad at Gottadeal. He didn't confirm any prices....he said he had not been told. Manager at the service desk said no price adjustments on BF items if purchased prior.

Sorry to break it to you guys, but you should have kept those. The BF deals on GottaDeal are not correct. There are a few things on there that may be correct, but a majority of them are incorrect. As a Best Buy employee, I know that we are making THIS Sunday's through Wednesday's ad better than our BF ad on purpose. We are doing it so that people don't have to go through the lines on BF. We are expecting 1/3 of the people we had last BF on this BF.

I find this information really hard to believe.

"A majority of them are incorrect"??? You do know that scans of the actual ad are posted here, right?

-Mark-

I find this information really hard to believe.

"A majority of them are incorrect"??? You do know that scans of the actual ad are posted here, right?

-Mark-

Ok I am going to give this guy the benefit of the doubt here...I am gonna assume that like you he is from OH...and in that case he would be correct in what he is posting. The ad would be totally different. Has anyone asked where he's from?

Wish I had a couple of those 10% coupons. :( I'm facing possibly having mandatory OT on BF now because of this stupid announcement that was made today. :mad: I'm fighting it all the way, but I haven't won yet. This could really hurt our Christmas even though the OT is nice.

You have my best wishes on your fight! I had to darn near break into tears and beg for it off!