Jim's first big show - Post your webcast ideas!

Needs a deal

Hi everyone! I am in Las Vegas and been thinking about the webcasts on my long walks between buffets. I can tell you we are going to have a new platform with NO ADS. The new platform will be 100% social so everyone can follow along. We will do contests and other fun things. I also got new HD webcam.

I do the show for all of you. What are your ideas or thoughts? Post them here. I will do a test webcast sometime in Sept.

1) a prediction webcast - thoughts and ideas on what the hot items will be and guesses at the prices

2) I would love a techie one, one where what type of specs to look for in desktops and laptops for BF.

3) Tips on how to best set up for a BF campout and tips on the best strategy for organizing your BF shopping trip (visit gd for the ads, use the list feature, double check it, etc etc)

1. Tips on Tablet/E-Reader: it is still big... I agree with Noehlp that a techie one would be nice.

2. Tips on how to beat the crowd on the online retailer such as what time their website change to the next day's stuff .

Hi Everyone,

Maybe a recap from last year with price predictions for this year. I like the ideas of reviewing features of electronic items and the idea of having store managers come on and talk about BF.

On another note, have you looked at Google+ (G+)? They have "Hangouts" which I think would be a great fit for the webcasts you do.

Hi Everyone,

Maybe a recap from last year with price predictions for this year. I like the ideas of reviewing features of electronic items and the idea of having store managers come on and talk about BF.

On another note, have you looked at Google+ (G+)? They have "Hangouts" which I think would be a great fit for the webcasts you do.

Do a trial run first, another site was trying to do it with a podcast and they had problems.

Plus, google+ :(

No ads is good :) Although I'm not so sure about using Google+. I kinda liked the UStream format if the ads can be removed. Also, I agree with doing a 2011 recap with predictions for 2012. Perhaps guests for a few webcasts can be arranged. Maybe your manager friend from the local Best Buy you camp out at.

And don't worry. Your handy dandy partner in crime of sorts SC will be calling in, one way or another ;)