Has anyone started thinking about their lists yet?

momof3luvs1

We are taking everyone to Disneyland for the week before Christmas. Flying in my son and his girlfriend, my daughter, husband and my granddaughter. We will arrive a day before, decorate their rooms with a tree, as have gifts for them every day to open. That will be the adult kid gifts this year. The challange is going to be my 2 boys still at home. they have everyhing and i have run out of ideas! Most of the rest of the family i have already purchased or i have ideas for. I really need to think of employee, friend and neighbor gifts too!!

I havent thought about getting my kids the kindle fire until right now, they use mine all the time and so I might just have to get them one the question is do I just get them one to share or do I get them each one.. I don't know that we need 4 kindle fires in the house..lol... but they each love watching movies on netflix on them and all my kids can use it really well!

I would for sure wait with the new Kindle Fire 2 expected out soon (for certain before BF)

I havent thought about getting my kids the kindle fire until right now, they use mine all the time and so I might just have to get them one the question is do I just get them one to share or do I get them each one.. I don't know that we need 4 kindle fires in the house..lol... but they each love watching movies on netflix on them and all my kids can use it really well!

Looks like Amazon has stopped making the original Kindle Fire per this article.

That is so not true. THey have not stopped making the fire and anyone that says so doesn't know what they are talking about. I am on the amazon kindle forums everyday. It is just bull. There isn't even a hint about a new fire. Someone today said maybe January. No one knows and won't know until amazon announces the preorders. Last year they gave 7 weeks for preorders.

This article has leaked photos of a new Fire. Possible to be announced Thursday at their next press release. This article is estimating 3 different models of the Kindle Fire 2 with one possibly being 4g. Maybe it is just rumors, I don't know. I just saw it on my homepage, and thought I would share it for those who like the Fire.

Edited by Kim3498
Added info

I know my older boys want money, but I don't believe in handing over money, I usually get gas cards. Also I know my youngest daughter needs a new laptop. my oldest daughter hasn't said but last year she wanted part of her car insurance paid. My granddaughters are always fun to buy for. I've already told their parents to start a list so I can start comparison shopping when the black friday ads slip out. I love Black Friday! Let the deals begin.

I have my 'master' list pretty much made up, and I have done some shopping, maybe 30% is done. I have pre-ordered a TON of video games, so that is just a matter of waiting for the arrival dates. Both of my kids are really hoping to get a Wii U this year. Not sure if I will be able to get one, but that is what they each want--we shall see on the pre-order situation. My DD is 11 and is getting the new American Girl and my DS 13 is also getting Lego Mindstorm. Coming up with the bigger gifts is the hardest part for me, the smaller items is easy. I am well on my way......

This article has leaked photos of a new Fire. Possible to be announced Thursday at their next press release. This article is estimating 3 different models of the Kindle Fire 2 with one possibly being 4g. Maybe it is just rumors, I don't know. I just saw it on my homepage, and thought I would share it for those who like the Fire.

And they are out... for pre order anyway, looks like the release date will be in Sept. and Oct. :)

Dear Customers,

Today we're excited to introduce the all-new Kindle Fire HD.

Kindle Fire HD 8.9" 4G isn't just the best tablet for the price, it's the best tablet. $499 now gets you a large-screen HD tablet with a stunning 8.9" display, exclusive Dolby audio, dual stereo speakers, the fastest Wi-Fi, ultra-fast 4G LTE wireless, plus our new unprecedented $49.99 one-year 4G data package. Customers save hundreds of dollars in the first year compared to other 4G tablets. Kindle Fire HD 8.9" is also available in a Wi-Fi only model for $299.

Kindle Fire HD is the world's most-advanced 7" tablet, with a stunning HD display, plus the same exclusive Dolby audio, dual stereo speakers, the fastest Wi-Fi, and 16 GB of storage. Kindle Fire HD is just $199.

We are also introducing the world's most advanced e-readers, Kindle Paperwhite and Kindle Paperwhite 3G.

You'll do a double take when you see Kindle Paperwhite—we've added 62% more pixels and increased contrast by 25%, so whites are whiter, and blacks are blacker. We've also added a revolutionary built-in front light for the perfect reading experience whether you're out at the beach or at home in bed. Kindle Paperwhite starts from just $119. Kindle Paperwhite 3G is available for $179 with free 3G wireless—never pay for or hunt for a Wi-Fi hotspot. We've also updated our smallest, lightest Kindle with improved fonts and 15% faster page turns—it now starts at just $69.

Kindle Fire HD and Kindle Paperwhite are each in a class by themselves when it comes to hardware—there's nothing better. But the real magic is that they are also a service. When combined with our enormous content ecosystem, unmatched cross-platform interoperability and standard-setting customer service, we hope people will agree these are the best tablets and e-readers anywhere, at any price.

Thank you for being a customer,

Jeff Bezos

Founder & CEO

My sons started making lists in July, of course it's changed three times already, but every list had an iPod touch, which I think I'll change into the new Kindle Fire, the price dropped to 159, plus I love the parental controls that will be on there. I'm still stuck on not knowing if I want a Kindle Fire HD, a Android or an iPad.

• 2 weeks later...
Now I've decided to do the 4 presents and a stocking for the children and grandchildren. I've got my ys list (he is leaving for boot camp), everyone else is working on their lists. My oldest daughter wants to wait for the ads. I've worked on a word table so I can keep all the presents straight especially when I do the shopping for my mom and mother in law. The anticpation is growing.

My sons started making lists in July, of course it's changed three times already, but every list had an iPod touch, which I think I'll change into the new Kindle Fire, the price dropped to 159, plus I love the parental controls that will be on there. I'm still stuck on not knowing if I want a Kindle Fire HD, a Android or an iPad.

Before you change from an iPod to a Fire, you may want to check with him. And see what he wants it for. My son who has had Zunes and Windows phones, and loved them, suddenly started asking for an iPod. The reason was he had some friends at school with iPods, and they hung out in the morning before school and played a certain game. It was something only available for iOS. When asked if he wanted an iPad, he said no, he'd rather have an iPod because it was small enough for his pocket. (Of course this same kid is now asking for a Windows 8 Surface tablet for Christmas.)

2 weeks ago we had the kids start on making their lists. my ds has 4 items and my dd has 10...and that took her almost a week to get to that number. this past sunday my hubby and i reviewed the kids wish lists and made our "master list". which in my eyes is subject to change. lol. not so much in the hubby point of view.

I know I'm doing a Kindle Fire again this year for one of my sons..just not sure if I want the original to save a few bucks...or go ahead with the HD. I'll also need a laptop that can handle some gaming...yikes! As for the kids actually making lists or requests, they haven't really yet...I'm sure they will start soon!!

My kids are going to start working on their lists tonight. Today is our "summer Christmas" (a tradition I started years ago, but I'm a bit late doing it this year). The kids went and saw Arthur Christmas in the theater this morning ($1 summer movies where they replay movies from the last couple years), and tonight we will be making christmas ornaments while eating christmas cookies, and then I'll have the kids write up some lists.

What a neat idea!!

I have a mental list going. My boys have already started their lists.