Has anyone started thinking about their lists yet?

momof3luvs1

Has anyone started thinking about their lists yet? I usually this time of year start to create a list of how many people I need to buy for and now with all my kids in school my list is really growing. My kids have already started their lists as well ( which I even think is a bit early) but they are getting excited that its almost Fall and are seeing new toys in the stores.

When do you all start making your lists ? Your kids lists? Do you rely mainly on Black Friday sales on what you put on the lists or by what they request early on? I tend to have their lists and then add on Black Friday sales as well and then I overbuy..trying to cut down a bit this year but I say this every year and it never happens..lol

No list yet, although I should start a list of what we already have for who and then start from there. It doesn't help that I have 0 memory and we have loads of kids (extended family) on the list I NEVER see, so I have no idea how old they might be or what is age appropriate.

Maybe I'll get my mom to put together a list of birth dates for all the kids and set as main page of Christmas Excel sheet

My 5 year old (will be 6 in October) wants a tablet. But, I'm not sure that I want to buy her something like that this young. I think she would enjoy her own computer much more. The boys also want a new laptop, clothes, and fishing stuff. One of them would love to get a set of electronic drums but we will have to see how money goes this year.

I mainly rely on BF ads. I have already told the boys that if they want a laptop then they are going to have to go with me to get one. But, if I am able to find one for about 250.00-300.00 (and it is a little better) then I might go ahead and put it on layaway instead of fighting the crowds for the laptop.

I would love to be able to afford to get my niece a Nintendo DS. It will completely depend on how work is from now until then for my husband (he is self employed in construction).

I have started making my lists. When I hear the kids mention something I add it to my amazon cart as a way of price checking. I also use an iPhone app, Santa's Little Helper and it gets added to that as well. They will be fine-tuned over the next couple of months.

My kids don't officially make their lists until TRU's Big toy book makes an appearance :)

I have checked with my older married kids to be sure they want to be in the name drawings, all of them do but we are lowering the budget, to make it easier, and we are drawing names when my DS and his family visit in Sept. That gives everyone plenty of time to look for deals. My youngest DD came to work with me the other day and started her Christmas list by looking on Disney.com and Amazon.com. Her list is mainly Lego friends sets, Princess Jasmine and others like that, and then wii games. She needs a new bike, she is getting to tall for the one she has. I also want to get DGS (3 by Christmas) a train table set this year.

I started jotting down in a notebook a few months ago everytime my kids mentioned something that they liked. I also sat down a few weeks ago and made a list of everyone else i would need to buy for this year with a budget for each person and some ideas as to what to get them. I try to stay right at 1000.00 each christmas but that is getting harder to do now that my DS is getting older and wanting things like an ipod touch...I guess im gonna have to start looking now to see if i can start catching any good deals on things like that.

My kids are going to start working on their lists tonight. Today is our "summer Christmas" (a tradition I started years ago, but I'm a bit late doing it this year). The kids went and saw Arthur Christmas in the theater this morning ($1 summer movies where they replay movies from the last couple years), and tonight we will be making christmas ornaments while eating christmas cookies, and then I'll have the kids write up some lists.

My kids are going to start working on their lists tonight. Today is our "summer Christmas" (a tradition I started years ago, but I'm a bit late doing it this year). The kids went and saw Arthur Christmas in the theater this morning ($1 summer movies where they replay movies from the last couple years), and tonight we will be making christmas ornaments while eating christmas cookies, and then I'll have the kids write up some lists.

I like that idea how cute

Oh that is a neat ideas and good one to be doing with kids. Did you start your xmas baking already ( you say eat Xmas cookies ). I bet this get them excited ! I would be if my parents had this when I was small.

I think your son would love a tablet. One like the kindle fire maybe. My 15 year old has a gateway laptop, but he says his kindle fire is the best xmas present he has ever gotten in his life. We have netflix which he watches anytime he wants, he loves that tablet. I was so impressed I bought my 10 year old grandson one for his bday in april. IT wasnt' the fire, it was a cheaper pandigital, but he never put it down the whole time he was here. THey are so much more fun than a computer. As for lists, I don't start them until I get a lot of presents bought. I have been picking up things here and there, but nothing major. My 23 year ld daughter wants a kindle and I'm waiting on that, there is speculation on new models soon. My sons haven't said and I have a 3 week old grand daughter, will just buy her anything I see. No ideas on anyone else. I have a xmas club every year that I pay 25 a week into most weeks. It usually has about 1000 in it when it pays out in october. I use it on the main presents for my kids, but buy everything else through out the year on the side.

My 5 year old (will be 6 in October) wants a tablet. But, I'm not sure that I want to buy her something like that this young. I think she would enjoy her own computer much more. The boys also want a new laptop, clothes, and fishing stuff. One of them would love to get a set of electronic drums but we will have to see how money goes this year.

I mainly rely on BF ads. I have already told the boys that if they want a laptop then they are going to have to go with me to get one. But, if I am able to find one for about 250.00-300.00 (and it is a little better) then I might go ahead and put it on layaway instead of fighting the crowds for the laptop.

I would love to be able to afford to get my niece a Nintendo DS. It will completely depend on how work is from now until then for my husband (he is self employed in construction).

I).

Have you checked out the nabi tablets? I'm thinking about one for a DGD who will be 3. My DH thinks she too young but she loves playing games and watching Netflix on my iPhone.

Have you checked out the nabi tablets? I'm thinking about one for a DGD who will be 3. My DH thinks she too young but she loves playing games and watching Netflix on my iPhone.

I had looked at them at Walmart.com. I think they look really cool. I love the idea that I can set it so that she can do only what I approve. I asked my DH about it and he is like "what does she need it for"...lol. We homeschool so I think it would be a great learning tool as well. I know that we are probably going to get at least one computer(for the boys to share). I've also thought about getting the boys a tablet. I think they would like it. I also desperately need a new laptop..

I think your son would love a tablet. One like the kindle fire maybe. My 15 year old has a gateway laptop, but he says his kindle fire is the best xmas present he has ever gotten in his life. We have netflix which he watches anytime he wants, he loves that tablet. I was so impressed I bought my 10 year old grandson one for his bday in april. IT wasnt' the fire, it was a cheaper pandigital, but he never put it down the whole time he was here. THey are so much more fun than a computer. As for lists, I don't start them until I get a lot of presents bought. I have been picking up things here and there, but nothing major. My 23 year ld daughter wants a kindle and I'm waiting on that, there is speculation on new models soon. My sons haven't said and I have a 3 week old grand daughter, will just buy her anything I see. No ideas on anyone else. I have a xmas club every year that I pay 25 a week into most weeks. It usually has about 1000 in it when it pays out in october. I use it on the main presents for my kids, but buy everything else through out the year on the side.

What does the Kindle Fire do? I thought it was more like an e-reader. I know absolutely nothing about tablets..lol. Can I just use my wireless internet to run it or would I have to do something else?

I have a negatives/slides scanner and a bigger external hard drive to back up to nightly on my list so far. Im struggling to not let myself put the new Kindle Fire on my list since i have the original even though the new one is rumored to have a camera which means bar code scanning capabilities.

What does the Kindle Fire do? I thought it was more like an e-reader. I know absolutely nothing about tablets..lol. Can I just use my wireless internet to run it or would I have to do something else?

the regular Kindles are ereaders the Fire however is essentially a tablet same as the Nook.

Oh that is a neat ideas and good one to be doing with kids. Did you start your xmas baking already ( you say eat Xmas cookies ). I bet this get them excited ! I would be if my parents had this when I was small.

No Christmas baking yet, just a single batch of cookies for tonight. I actually don't do much holiday baking, instead for the entire week leading up to Christmas, we bake a different batch of cookies each night. (just a small batch) Then the kids get to have a cookie while we read a Christmas story. On Christmas Eve we set out a plate with one cookies from each night for Santa, and then put out the rest of them for family to enjoy on Christmas day. (I love sweet treats, and I'm pretty sure I'd put on 20 lbs if I did any more baking than that! lol!)

I think my kids are officially ready for the holidays after tonight (and I'm ready for shopping! :yup:); summer christmas 2012 turned out great!

I am just doing a new tv and stand, shelves for their games, new Skylanders, maybe one other small toy. We are not doing a whole lot because of the new tv and furniture they want for their room. Plus we are in the middle of remodeling the house.

Getting the kids each a new nintendo DS. DD has one but its older and the case is cracked, DS is now old enough to handle one. Those will be their main gifts. DH wants a flat screen TV for the living room so that is on the list. We will wait until after their birthdays to have them work on their Christmas Wish list.

I will be putting my daughter a Nabi Tablet on layaway at Walmart next month. Our Walmart does not carry them, but one about 30 minutes out of town does, so I am going to do it there.

I will probably be putting a few other things on layaway for my daughter that I know will not be on sale BF or will be hard to get. I may also put a laptop on layaway if I can find one at the right price. I refuse to pay more than 300.00 for one since I know that same one will be 200-250 BF...

I havent thought about getting my kids the kindle fire until right now, they use mine all the time and so I might just have to get them one the question is do I just get them one to share or do I get them each one.. I don't know that we need 4 kindle fires in the house..lol... but they each love watching movies on netflix on them and all my kids can use it really well!