Favorite holiday commercial?

alimfp

So far this year, I love the Peanut one (with the baby Peanut opening presents).

I haven't seen this one yet this year.. but the Hershey's kisses commercial that has the kisses shaped into a tree and they ding to "We wish you a Merry Christmas". :)

Here in the south US, there is a grocery chain called Publix. They have had seasonal commercials for about 20 years that I love. The first I remember was a family traveling by train to spend Chr-stmas with their family on a boat off the coast in FL. There was no dialog, just shots of the family cuddling together on the train and celebrating over a sumptious dinner on the boat while a Pat Metheney song played in the background.

They have reached out to include Thanksgiving commercials with a pair of pilgrim salt and pepper shakers. Only their faces are animated, but the expressions are precious as they get passed around the dinner table. Last year they introduced a second set of salt and pepper shakers called the Lilgrims, which are supposed to be their two children.

Another one is where a family is about to sit down to their holiday feast, and the ornaments and decorations around the house are all eyeing the food wistfully. The angel on the top of the tree pulls out her light bulb, so all of the lights on the tree go out.

While the family tries to find which bulb is 'bad,' the camera focuses on them. When they return to the table, all of the food is gone, and the camera pans over the decorations and ornaments, which are swollen and stuffed. The last shot is of the angel on the tree top, smiling...angelically.

Publix has several others that I have enjoyed over the years, but these are the ones that stand out to me. I have emailed their marketing department, asking if there is a way for them to put the commercials on their website as I had described them to online friends in other areas of the country for years, and they all wish to see them. The response I got back was that they didn't include web casts in their 'talents' contracts, so they didn't see it happening anytime soon. But, I put the idea into their head, so maybe someday...

Hands down, it's the Folgers (I think.. one of the coffee ones) one with Peter coming home for Christmas, and waking his parents up with the smell of brewed coffee.... Since I've been away for many holidays, it hits close to home for me.

What ever happened on those Maxwell House to be continued ones the last one I saw was a tbc where the guy met up with the lady but I never saw another..

Mandy

TX

:runaway:

I haven't seen any yet this year, but I do LOVE the budweiser horse/sled commercials every year. :hearthrob :hearthrob :hearthrob :hearthrob

That's a great one... And the Folgers (and I hate their coffee).

Anyone remember the Gap commercials where they had people dancing around to the tunes of traditional Christmas music?

It's not the holiday season until I hear the cell phone commercial with the guy that shouts, "Happy Holidays from the Harrisons!!" or whatever the last name is. He has to say it really fast because he doesn't have enough minutes. I guess you have to watch it to appreciate it.

i remember that one:sidesplit always funny

My favorite is still the old 7up commercials. Back from a long time ago. The one with the little dots, and the fire truck falling out of santas bag, hitting the tree, and the little dots end up hanging from the tree. It's on some of the old Cartoon Christmas specials that I taped off tv as a kid, so I see them every year.

My favorite is still the old 7up commercials. Back from a long time ago. The one with the little dots, and the fire truck falling out of santas bag, hitting the tree, and the little dots end up hanging from the tree. It's on some of the old Cartoon Christmas specials that I taped off tv as a kid, so I see them every year.

To that end... I woudn't mind if any company re-ran ads that we all grew up with. Especially, since many of these products haven't changed since their creation... Remember these commercials: "Squeeze the Charmin", "Bounty: The Quicker Picker-Upper", "Wouldn't You Like to be a Dr. Pepper Too?", "Time to Make the Donuts", "Hey Mikey, He Likes It", "The San Francisco Treat", etc.

Also, some things change all the time. Here are some computer commercials that are downright ancient:

http://www.theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/tv_adverts_summary.htm

No, No, No...it's

"The Ouilted Quicker Picker-Upper" :D

Sorry, I had to say it...lol.

I know what you mean about bringing the old commercials back. They were way better than today's commercials. Most commercials today are just corny!!

Like the current Jimmy Dean sausage ones, where the "dad" is the sun making/eating breakfast.

When they first started them, I thought they were really weird. But, I like the current one, where the "daughter" is complaining because dad doesn't make breakfast like mom, but dad has to "get to work early to light & heat the earth".

Then the daughter wrinkles up her nose -- it's so funny! http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileys/rofl02.gif

1) Coca-Cola and the polar bears.

2) Budweiser and the clydesdales.

3) When I was younger, the Fruity Pebbles commercial (where Fred finally shares with Barney) was good.

4) The Hershey's kiss commercial.

It's too many good ones to name. Basically, any commercial that deals with a Christmas theme is good.

And by living in Georgia, I see quite a few of the Publix commercials. I like those for the originality.

Guest all2tired

My favorite isn't exactly a holiday commercial although it plays a Christmas song in it.

The Staples commercial for back to school playing it's the most wonderful time of the year.

For an actual Christmad commercial I have to go with the Folgers coffee one too

For the classic commercial - it's the Coca-Cola bears

This year - I love K-mart's "time for a prelit tree?" commercial. It starts out with the cutest dog sitting beside a strand of lights. Then, it pans over to a guy wrestling with a huge tangled ball of lights. He finally gives up and just chunks it at the tree. My husband thinks I'm :insane: because I laugh every time!

What ever happened on those Maxwell House to be continued ones the last one I saw was a tbc where the guy met up with the lady but I never saw another..

I don't remember a series for Maxwell House coffee like this, but I do remember an almost soap opera series of commercials along this theme for Tasters Choice instant.

The last one I remember is where they had been dating for awhile, and then her ex-husband shows up or some such.