Walk Don't Run, or Run Don't Walk?

DaFees

Excuse first of all if this question sounds noobish, but this'll be my first year really getting into the hype of BF.

Ok my plan is that CompUSA opens up at 11:59 P.M. on Thanksgiving Day, I figured I'd hit that pick up a dvd recorder and some blank dvd+rw discs, then from there head 3 minutes up the road to stand in line, at Best Buy until they open to get my brother one of these computers they are selling for ~ $150

Then from there head over to target and hopefully get one of those lexmarks printers for ~ $17 (By the way does anyone know if this comes with a color and black ink cartridge or just a color or just a black?) and the complete sixth season of the simpsons if I can

Then from there go home

Now I can be fast when I want to be so my question is, will it be a problem if I run through CompUSA and BestBuy to get what I want and get out of there. I mean are they gonna make me walk to get what I want or can I just go all out and run, haha?

Its first come first gets the merchandise!!!! You better FREAKIN RUN your butt off to get those computer because it will be HELL trying to get one when BB opens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gd_stars: :gd_stars: :gd_stars: :gd_stars: :gd_stars: :gd_stars:

Above, that will be all us of when the dust settles after the mad dash!

Its first come first gets the merchandise!!!! You better FREAKIN RUN your butt off to get those computer because it will be HELL trying to get one when BB opens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:gd_stars: :gd_stars: :gd_stars: :gd_stars: :gd_stars: :gd_stars:

Above, that will be all us of when the dust settles after the mad dash!

No, it won't be hell trying to get a computer, at least the doorbuster ones. Either you're early enough in line to get a ticket for it or you're not. No ticket, no computer. Simple as that. Running into the store isn't going to do a darned thing for you for that $150 eMachines computer. This is how BB has always worked, and probably always will. As the saying goes, "The early bird gets the worm," and BB rewards those willing to sacrifice some time to stand in line for the right to be first in picking out what you want from the ticketed items.

And here's the real ugly part.....we are so willing to be close to the front of the line, we've always had our pick of all the "prized" ticketed items, even though in many cases we don't want most of them. My wife and I, acting like total strangers to each other, will take one ticket of each item. So if we don't want the item? Well, let's just say some people can be quite "persuasive" in their desire to get one. ;)

And last year, to obtain one of the computers, you had to listen to a member of the Geek Squad try to upsell you extended warranties, a bunch of "add-ons" that they swore the computers wouldn't function without (i.e., surge suppressors, extra RAM with the heavy Geek Squad cost for installation, wireless keyboard and mouse, laptop bag, etc., etc.....they had a long list of "extras" that were recommended for each computer on special that day....all overpriced vs. what Newegg and ZZF sells the same for, even on BF.) Only after either refusing all their crap or accepting some or all of their "recommended" junk would they let you get to the customer service desk to pick up your computer, as long as you had your ticket in hand.

No, it won't be hell trying to get a computer, at least the doorbuster ones. Either you're early enough in line to get a ticket for it or you're not. No ticket, no computer. Simple as that. Running into the store isn't going to do a darned thing for you for that $150 eMachines computer. This is how BB has always worked, and probably always will. As the saying goes, "The early bird gets the worm," and BB rewards those willing to sacrifice some time to stand in line for the right to be first in picking out what you want from the ticketed items.

And here's the real ugly part.....we are so willing to be close to the front of the line, we've always had our pick of all the "prized" ticketed items, even though in many cases we don't want most of them. My wife and I, acting like total strangers to each other, will take one ticket of each item. So if we don't want the item? Well, let's just say some people can be quite "persuasive" in their desire to get one. ;)

So your a scalper! HA HA :gd_shake:

I know enough to know that if you're not in BB's line by 2AM, you can just about count the two doorbuster computers out unless someone's nice enough to listen to you ask nicely for your unused ticket. We're trying for the projector (minimum 3 per store, more likely 10) and some other stuff besides the laptop and desktop.

We're not shopping for the little things like the HD or video card, which are both not the better deals on BF. Heck, I bought an X700 Pro two months ago for the wife's computer for the same $99 with NO rebate, so paying $199 and waiting for a $100 rebate does nothing for me.

C'est la vie......show up at 4AM and we'll smile from the front as you line up 300th. :)

Definately run! At my Best Buy, they don't hand out tickets (at least they haven't yet)...it's first come, first served. Walmart is also that way. After you get the products you want, then it's time to stand on line...which can also be quite long! Best to have someone save you a place in line while you get what you want (otherwise known as tag-team shopping ;) ). Good luck!

:g_clap:

I will have to contact my best buy and see about this "ticket" business and see if they do that. I havent heard of "tickets" either then again I have never been to BB on a BF only to WM so I would not know unless I ask a Manager or someone in the managment.......We will see...:singer:

Definately run! At my Best Buy, they don't hand out tickets (at least they haven't yet)...it's first come, first served. Walmart is also that way. After you get the products you want, then it's time to stand on line...which can also be quite long! Best to have someone save you a place in line while you get what you want (otherwise known as tag-team shopping ;) ). Good luck!

:g_clap:

Thank goodness the BB's we've been to all used the ticket system. Prevented a lot of problems and seemed the best overall way to allocate the hot items.

the ticket system seems to be the BEST deal. However it would be unfair if say a family of 4 gets 4 tickets for the same item (i.e. a father, mother, son, daughter all get tickets for the computer) that is not right and I am sure some people are going to be doing crap like that. Thats why I say the faster you can run the better off you are in getting what you want.

:gd_soapbo

Trust. RUN! I always get tickets at the BB in St Louis. And I ALWAYS RUN!! I ALWAYS get everything I want. Better to run and to go home w/ what YOU came for, then to walk and be polite and watch OTHERS go home with what YOU came for. But, really, enjoy...go wild!

My BB gave out tickets last year and some people just ran to the computers and grabbed them anyway. It caused quite a lot of fights. It probably escalated into a fist fight, but I grabbed my printer and took off. I noticed on my way out that they were asking for the ticket as you left with a computer, so hang on to them just in case!

My BB gave out tickets last year and some people just ran to the computers and grabbed them anyway. It caused quite a lot of fights. It probably escalated into a fist fight, but I grabbed my printer and took off. I noticed on my way out that they were asking for the ticket as you left with a computer, so hang on to them just in case!

BB here learned their lesson from that 2 years ago. So last year they handed out the tickets and then had you go pick it up from a part of the store where they'd cleared out the merchandise, stacked all of the ticketed doorbusters, and blocked off all access to them by tables and a bunch of workers. You handed them your ticket, they walked back to the pallets, and then handed you your item. Very cool.