Looking for an Engagement Ring on BF

MrsLisaES98

Hey all,

My pal is looking to purchase an engagement ring for his girlie this holiday and I persuaded him to come out shopping with me on BF. We saw something in the Sears ad but are wondering whether they'll be more jewelry ads or deals??? Like Zales? Kay?? Gordons?? Any BF experts out there who may know the best thing to do, I'd appreciate your help! Thanks!!

Guest Deals4Me
Most jewelry stores do...but I would call around... my sister in law is a manager at one... not sure which, I could ask her if they do BF sales...

Looking for a cheap ring or a quality one?

I personally wouldn't shop for a engagement ring at any department store or mall jewelry store.

You can find a much better deal at a reputable local or online jeweler.

Just make sure your ring has certification if you want to make sure you're getting what you're paying for. GIA or AGS are two reputable agencies that would correctly certify a diamond.

The reason I say this is because there are a LOT of jewelers out there that will misrepresent a diamond because they think the buyer cannot discern the differences. They will overvalue or overgrade a diamond in color, cut, clarity (and sometimes even size). If you are sinking serious money into an engagement ring, it is a good idea to trust an independant appraiser vs. in-house certification.

A good place to learn about diamonds is DiamondTalk.com

I buy all my stuff at Zales. I have never had a problem. Even if it doesn't come with a cert. you can still get it apprised. The few things that i have bought at Zales without a cert i got apprised and the apprisal value was much higher then the price i paid. Zales has wonderful sales on BF. But you need to get there early.

I wouldn't advise buying an engagement ring at sears. A diamond / engagement ring is an investment, and while he should get the best price for a ring for his bride-to-be, I don't think Sears has anything that you'd consider to be an investment. I know Kay Jewelers does that thing where if it snows on Christmas Eve its free... and I'm SURE all the jewelry stores have some type of sale on BF.

if you can, see if you can find a reputable local jeweler, because even the mall stores can be a rip off. i have my little promise ring from zales but we bought it at the zales outlet.

also tell them that there'a always bluenile.com, or if they have a local diamond district. i plan to check out LA's diamond district one day. :)