Rebates

jason

Each year Staples ends up owing me $$$$. They didn't pay me for a one from 2 years ago. I still have 2 that they haven't paid for from last year.

But I never learn my lesson.. it's the 2nd store I hit on BF :D

Hopefully this year will be better. I know that the ones that I did receive last year were pretty quick. I think I received them towards the end of Dec.

I've never really done it

Each year Staples ends up owing me $$$$. They didn't pay me for a one from 2 years ago. I still have 2 that they haven't paid for from last year.

Hopefully this year will be better. I know that the ones that I did receive last year were pretty quick. I think I received them towards the end of Dec.

well if i had to wait a year i wouldn't be doing it again.

The only thing I have to watch out for is when a store, i.e. Circuit City, shows in their ad that a product is free after rebate with two mail in rebates and come to find out you can only claim one of the rebates. That store is one that I will never come back to. I can't believe some people still keep going to the same stores that have screwed them out of a rebate, that is ridiculous.

I've always got my rebates back. I keep really good track of when they are to return and copies of everything. And when the day is up, I start sending E-mails, then phone calls, then to the store where they came from. If the mfg won't pay up, the store comes across with the cash. The longest and hardest to collect was from Soyo. 3 different rebates, 2 different years, each took over a year to collect. You think I would have learned not to buy Soyo. Yes, now I have. And I see that Micro Center has not had any Soyo rebates for a while. Peeps must have complained.

I've always got my rebates back. I keep really good track of when they are to return and copies of everything. And when the day is up, I start sending E-mails, then phone calls, then to the store where they came from. If the mfg won't pay up, the store comes across with the cash. The longest and hardest to collect was from Soyo. 3 different rebates, 2 different years, each took over a year to collect. You think I would have learned not to buy Soyo. Yes, now I have. And I see that Micro Center has not had any Soyo rebates for a while. Peeps must have complained.

a year?! there may be hope yet from the one i submitted last year!

What do you think about rebates?

Do you always get your rebate back?

Does rebates ever discourage you from buying something?

Every year I have at least one rebate I don't get. It is always one of the small rebates for $5 or $10. Last year when I didn't get one I tried to call the listed number and got an answering machine. I left a message but never got called back. Sent them a number of emails also....

Three years ago I had two rebates from Best Buy on an eMachine PC. The processing center claimed it never received one of the rebates. I got my money after I proved to them I had bought the PC. So remember to make copies of everything you submit to them.

I usually never have had problems with rebates. I just go down the list of stuff they want - put it in the envelope, and oh 8 weeks later is my check for whatever. I didn't get my money once but that was b/c I forgot to send in the barcode too. The manufacturer asked for it and I sent it, and finally I did get my money. :)

Btw, I'm a n00b. Hi Everyone!

Nice to know other people are just as enthusiastic about BF as I am.

RYP

I can't believe some people still keep going to the same stores that have screwed them out of a rebate, that is ridiculous.

Staples usually has pretty good deals each year and they are the only store like that within 30 or more miles.

I believe they started their Easy Rebates last year and hopefully the kinks are out.

:cheese::banana01::gd_partyu:gd_stars::sidesplit:7beer:

Guest all2tired
I always got my rebates. Some take longer to get then others. Remember though during the holiday season, more ppl are sending in for rebates so it could take longer than normal to get yours

got a couple of items last year and sent in the rebates

when they finally got to me in the mail it was like Xmas all over again!

especially since one of the rebates was for 100 bucks that was nice

I normally won't buy items because of a MIR, but this time of year, you can't help it. In the past, I've gotten everything I've sent. Peshua you are correct, it's like Xmas all over again! :gd_pineap

Talking of rebates... I wanted to check with you folks if anyone had been in my situation before. I bought a cell phone from wirefly.com in August and activated it with T-Mobile. There were 2 rebates - one from T-Mobile ($50) and another from wirefly.com($120). I sent the original UPC code with the T-Mobile rebate and when it came to the wirefly.com rebate (requires 2 monthly bills) I noticed that I don't have the copy of the UPC code. I'm thinking of purchasing the same phone from bestbuy or frys and copy the barcode and return the phone. Though I feel bad for doing so, I cannot forego the :gd_dollar 120:gd_pirate

Do you folks have any suggestion for me....

Thanks,

Lucky

I make sure I do my rebates. I have always gotten my rebates. Companies thrive on people who go out and buy things because of the sale prices (rebate included), but don't actually submit the rebates.

Some of the rebate companies even brag about how many rebates they deny (can you say TCA?) to save the companies even more money. Today it seems like the rebate company blames the store, the store blames the mfr. and we get left waiting for our money. Definitely make copies of everything and beware the double or triple rebates when there is only one upc available. That's where officemax tries to get sleazy. Staples' easy rebates are #1 in my book.

ND

Another recommendation I would make is that if the rebate is substantial, say $100+, you may want to consider sending it Certified Return Reciept. It'll cost you around $4.00 as I recall.

It's not bullet-proof, but the rebate company cannot deny that they received "something" from you.

Last year I had a $75 rebate from Office Depot on a gift for my husband. WELL... you have to cut the box up for the codes to send in with the item, which I couldn't do until after Christmas so I was sure I got the right thing and could return it if need be. The rebate had to be mailed by DEC 27, and in all the holiday hustle we were running the stupid rebate up to a late pick up mailbox so it would get postmarked in time. We weren't even sure the company would give us the rebate if the postmark was a day off....but almost 5 months later I got the $75 check for the company. Dont count on rebate money coming in in time to help stretch you Christmas budget, though it may help with summer vacation plans!!!

The only thing I have to watch out for is when a store, i.e. Circuit City, shows in their ad that a product is free after rebate with two mail in rebates and come to find out you can only claim one of the rebates. That store is one that I will never come back to. I can't believe some people still keep going to the same stores that have screwed them out of a rebate, that is ridiculous.

That does not sound right. If the item is advertised as having two rebates, then both of them are valid. Now, what CC *does* do is have multiple items on a rebate (generally their own), and then they won't let you do more than one of that particular rebate. So for example, they will advertise a router and wireless adapter with a manufacturer and Circuit City rebate. The manufacturer's rebate will have a limit of 3 of each item, but the Circuit City rebate will be limit one of any item. And they do not bother telling you in the ad (or on the shelf) that you can't get more than one of their rebate. It is bordering of fraudulent, but they do not care.

When this will really hurt is if they have their big toy rebates this year where they put a dozen or more items on the same form and then limit you to a single one. It used to be you could buy one of each item.

Did you CALL to find out about your rebate??? If you don't then you have no one to blame but yourself. Rebates are GREAT if you follow up when there are problems. If you don't, then all you get is stories to tell when discussions like this come up. If you screw up your submission, then fine but if you know you did things correctly and your rebate gets rejected, or it just never shows up, you MUST call.

And ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS make copies so you can fax it if there are problems, or know where to call.

Also, many of Staples' rebates these days are of the "Easy Rebate" variety that can be submitted online. No mailing, much less chance for rejection.

Another recommendation I would make is that if the rebate is substantial, say $100+, you may want to consider sending it Certified Return Reciept. It'll cost you around $4.00 as I recall.

It's not bullet-proof, but the rebate company cannot deny that they received "something" from you.

Listen to "THE MAN."