Penneys great markdowns!

kathytheshopper

Ran into my Penneys today and they marked all the "older" tagged ladies and junior clothes $2.00!! Petite and Plus too. They are doing some great pricing at my store. I love Penneys again! I'm going back first thing in the morning because they haven't yet done all the mens, kids, lingerie, etc... I hope to find some good deals in those depts too!. Happy Shopping!

It is the new pricing policy. It has been in the news. Markdown days are 1st & 3rd Fridays now. They must have had extra to do and started early as a guess.

Yes, I know those are the days. They usually start Thursday evenings which is why I was there. Lots of the womens hats, scarf sets, etc... were $1.00 today! :)

I was just worried that with the changes they weren't going to have clearance as good as they used to but they are. :)

I still miss there coupons though. I only bought off the clearance racks if I could use a 10 off of 10 or a 10 off of 25 coupon. I personally don't think there new pricing stategy is going to work.

I miss the coupons too, but after hearing all the great deals on here, I decided to check it out today. Got 2 tops for me at $2.00 each and got my grandson 3 long sleeve shirts, 2 pack of PJ bottoms, and a light jacket for $3.00 each. Not bad for $19.00 total. Have to check out what my other Penneys has now. I don't think it will work either as I think most people are like us, and will just wait to shop the deep clearance.

Well, I went in today and sure enough they had some stuff as low as $2.00. Everything was very picked over, but then again I did expect it to be by now. I looked at non clearance clothes, and was very disappointed. I've never been a big Penneys shopper, anyway but the quality of what they are selling now has gone downhill.