Has anyone gone to Staples on BF first?

jmzupko

I'm usually at either Toys R Us or Kohls first, but Staples has 6 things that I need so I thinking about doing Staples first. I was wondering what the lines are like. I remember seeing the lines at Best Buy and other electronic like stores last year and I was wondering if the same thing happens over at Staples.

Thanks.

I usually go to Staples first. Get there around 5am. Here they pass out tickets and let people file in the store in a single line. All the doorbusters are laid neatly on tables and marked. It's all very civilized. Unlike Wal*Mart and BB, where I probably will be this year.

Last year Staples went live online relatively early and I ordered everything I needed from there without any fuss--it was slow, but it worked. I then went to Wal Mart and then to the Staples store because I forgot to pick up the blank DVD's when I made my order. I loved the store. It was well organized and not busy at all.

Wait a minute - you can order on the 800 number???? So basically I can bring the items numbers with me to Toys R Us & I can call Staples while I'm shopping.

This is getting good!

Thank you all for your help. I've gone out the past 2 years on BF and now I'm hooked!

We always go to WM first and have plenty of time to get to Staples and in line.

They gave out index cards for what you want and just go straight down the line and ask you. You can ask them where something is in the store and they will tell you while you are in line.

I love it! They make it so easy to get in there and out quickly. :D

Last year, I think it was about 4 am or so central time. I just kept refreshing the page for the palm with the mp3 player until the BF friday price popped up and then ordered it :D I don't remember the exact time, but since I woke at 3 that's a pretty good/close estimate.

Last year I had a couple behind me and the wife asked did I think Staples had a digital camera that was on sale I told her yes since everybody was at the major stores and nobody goes to the little stores first. She came back and said that they had plenty, and this was around 8 a.m.

I always go to walmart and get there at about 3:30; I use their price matching and price match to Staples, and anything else I can so when blitz starts there, I already have my items from other stores and cut down on my shopping. I ALWAYS ask a manager when I get there, just to verify, that they will price match, and show them my ads. This way I don't have any problems going through checkout.:D

Last year, I think it was about 4 am or so central time. I just kept refreshing the page for the palm with the mp3 player until the BF friday price popped up and then ordered it :D I don't remember the exact time, but since I woke at 3 that's a pretty good/close estimate.

Thanks,

Now if I could just find a wireless hot spot around BB. I would be able to do all my online shopping whille waiting in line.:)

I am new to online shopping at Staples on black friday. How does rebates work when you order online . Did anyone have a problem doing them. I haven't had a problem with any rebates from things I have bought at the store but am a little hesistant doing it online because I don't want any problems.

I have changed my mind. I'm going to Staples first this year! I only wanted blank DVD+R's from Best Buy and don't feel like standing in line for hours just for those.... Plus I can save gas by skipping Best Buy since it is 41 miles from me. The nearest Staples is only 19 miles from me!