Renting a Kid!

byond

Since i live 35 -40 mins from BB, & a co-worker lives down the street, I'm renting his 16 yr old to get in line for me from 9ish till midnight, or till I can get there, hopefully before midnight, have to cleanup after T-day dinner & maybe catch 40 winks!

Sounds like a great idea, but be careful!!! A few years ago we were in line at Walmart at 10am the morning BEFORE the PS2 came out at midnight. We had some trouble with people in the back of the line (that obviously showed up too late to get the item). Anytime someone stepped out of line to go to the bathroom or ask a line neighbor to hold a spot while they walked around for a minute the late-commers made a big fuss about letting them back in line. I wish you luck with your save-a-spot buddies!!!

On the same lines of renting a kid, will the stores give a kid a voucher? I know some stores say one ticket per household, but my niece wants a laptop (she's 12) and I want one, and she's willing to stand in line with me...but my sister isn't...thoughts?

Guest DigDoug

I have often thought of walking up and down the line with a cooler of cokes and candy bars for sell. Or maybe some coffee. Anyone think it might work or be profitable?

Seems tacky to me.

Beth,there's no way they can refuse to give voucher to anyone, the ad says 1 per household, nothing about age limit. If they're able to pay by their self,like older than say 9? I'd think refusing would violate some kind of law or something. BUt my rent a kid is 16, though my son is going with me later on & he's 12