WHAT MEANING DOES CHRISTMAS HAVE FOR YOU???

Gporter34

I was reading a few posts and decided that this would be nice. I know that in our family we celebrate Christmas in a traditional way. To me Christmas is a time for being with family who you don't always get to spend much time with, giving to people who may not have as much as we do(even though we don't have alot,lol), appreciating what we do have, keeping alive family trditions that have been passed down for many generations, adding some of our own so that our kids will be able to incorporate them with their own families when they are grown, and for the spiritual closeness that we feel when hearing a choir sing Christmas music, or watch a living nativity. For telling our kids stories of when we were kids, and having them laugh at us! Not to mention wonderful food. Those are just some of the things that come to mind when I think of Christmas. I am as excited about the great sales, but that is BF, to me Christmas is different.

It means family and to give to those who are in need. I plan things for my family to do...like going out Christmas caroling~we have our friends and anyone else who wants to come along and after we come back to my house for hot chocoloate w/mashmallows. I also have a Christmas Party each year for our friends.

I was reading a few posts and decided that this would be nice. I know that in our family we celebrate Christmas in a traditional way. To me Christmas is a time for being with family who you don't always get to spend much time with, giving to people who may not have as much as we do(even though we don't have alot,lol), appreciating what we do have, keeping alive family trditions that have been passed down for many generations, adding some of our own so that our kids will be able to incorporate them with their own families when they are grown, and for the spiritual closeness that we feel when hearing a choir sing Christmas music, or watch a living nativity. For telling our kids stories of when we were kids, and having them laugh at us! Not to mention wonderful food. Those are just some of the things that come to mind when I think of Christmas. I am as excited about the great sales, but that is BF, to me Christmas is different.

Well, I think you about summed it up for me. Sure beats having to type all that.

Christmas to me means time with friends and family. I like watching the kids play with their cousins, hearing my grandma complain about the dishes and, listening to my mom fight with her sisters. We have our traditions and tell storys of when we were young. We eat WAY too much and have leftovers for a week.

It means family and to give to those who are in need. I plan things for my family to do...like going out Christmas caroling~we have our friends and anyone else who wants to come along and after we come back to my house for hot chocoloate w/mashmallows. I also have a Christmas Party each year for our friends.

that's great and sounds like you have fun:D

It has always been about family for me....the only time my family was together and happy and enjoying each other. My family lives too far away for that these days, but its ok, Christmas has a whole new meaning for me....My baby girl was born on Christmas eve, and that it what I focus on now....family too, but (selfishly i suppose lol) mostly her. She loves chrsitmas so much that it melts my heart. She is so into it that it eases the sadness I feel with my own family being 1100 miles away. I am rambling now....sorry.... It's just become a very very special time of year for me since she was born!

Snakeswiff, what a wonderful Christmas present that was for you!! :)

Like the rest of you have already so eloquently said, Christmas is all about family to me. Just being together, smiling and laughing together, and making more memories. And for me, it's also about the smile on my little boy's face that Christmas brings. That's the best Christmas gift I could get.

-gina-