Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2012

Brad

I didn't need much Easter stuff, already have way more candy than we need, and way WAY more plastic eggs. But I did get a pack of paper plates, some bubbles for nieces and nephew, and my favorite find, a silicone flower pot cupcake making set!

Still no soda stream mix, have checked 2 stores now. Oh well.

Doh! That explains why my other little packs of moshi monsters & power rangers disappeared, I put them in the Super Mario boxes. And I just walked right past 2 boxes of Mario stuff at another store because I didn't think they were in the sale! Most of the other small packs have been marked back up to full price.

Thanks to whoever had the huge stash of candy at the Duarte Target! I got lots of great chocolate and Jelly Belly jelly beans today!

All the electronics that were holding at 50% finally went to 70% off today (drums, guitars, ink'd ear buds, paul frank ear phones, electronics accessories). Assuming the televisions and cameras that were 50% went 70%, but they were long gone. Easter down to marshmallows and a few broken bunnies. Did find the spy gear motion alarm for .43 and that was my cherry on top of a pretty good day at Target.

small packs of gold fish... .09 cents look for fish with bunny ears on the pack. picked up lots of tights and socks for DD all were mixed up with the regular ones.. .40 cents each ..

thx for info regarding super Mario bros... got a few :) thats pretty much it.... our target didn't had many toys on easter sale to start with :(... rest are back to full price.

Got a Sony Braviz 32" tv today for 50% off plus got another 10% off of it because it was the display model. So after all discounts it came to $170. Was close to $400 normal price. I was hoping the garmins would go lower than 50% off but they are at final mark down. It pays to make friends with the markdow team. They let me know what's going to be marked down every week!

Just got back from Taget and black dot is now salvaged at my store. I found 2 big bags of the bunny gold fish for .19, down to 1 cart of stuff (yesterday was a half isle). Im happy, I think I only spent a total of $10 on Easter stuff this year and have tons for next year. =)

Hello fellow perimeter perusers! New to this forum. This has probably been brought up, but I've noticed for a while now that Target's lowest clearance price has been lowered to only 70% off and not the 75% like it used to be. Does anyone know why they changed this?

I have not seen them mentioned, but if you have a Super Mario Bros fan, the smaller figures are included in the 90% off Easter clearance. I have found large displays at all my targets in the lego area. They ring up .29 each

Thank you soooo much! I went back this morning and got the mario single figure knex sets. My sons birthday theme is mario, these are PERFECT for the party favors especially at 90%! THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

I also found some of the small character balls (spiderman, dora, cars), and some other hidden treasures in the toy department! like the matchbox spongebob cars, yo yo ball, and the princess small figures, chapsticks, etc!

THANK YOU for mentioning the Mario Sets! I got 10 for future party favors (there were still at least 10 left). I also found what may be my favorite Easter Clearance find randomly in the little bins on a toy endcap...A Hex Bug in an egg (it has little bunny ears). I almost didn't pick it out of the bin b/c it looked like a random plastic egg but glad I did...it was $.49. Also found some Hello Kitty hairbows for $.49.

Thanks!!

Hello fellow perimeter perusers! New to this forum. This has probably been brought up, but I've noticed for a while now that Target's lowest clearance price has been lowered to only 70% off and not the 75% like it used to be. Does anyone know why they changed this?

It happened several months ago and probably because they can. They are getting more from salvage companies than they used to because there is less available (thanks to Just In Time merchandising) and more demand from discount stores like Marshalls, TJ Maxx & Big Lots.

Another clearance shopper was purchasing mini Nerf guns marked with the Easter clearance. Did anyone happen to see those? I wished I'd known, I would have looked at the other stores I was at.

I didn't think to check, but these had been stocked at the checklanes. I used them as birthday favors last year.

Lots of candy left at 70%, or at least of the same kind......HUGE batch of M&M's, our store must of got their supply just before Easter, lots of the coconut flavor......Reese PB eggs (tons left 6 pks), Hershey Easter bunnies, hollow bunnies, some other items. Seems like it was alot of certain kinds of candy and not bad candy either. Some grass and baskets, miscellanous nick nacks

Lots of candy left at 70%, or at least of the same kind......HUGE batch of M&M's, our store must of got their supply just before Easter, lots of the coconut flavor......Reese PB eggs (tons left 6 pks), Hershey Easter bunnies, hollow bunnies, some other items. Seems like it was alot of certain kinds of candy and not bad candy either. Some grass and baskets, miscellanous nick nacks

Why oh why do they always order so many Reeses eggs? Every year they have a ton left. The individual ones are currently ringing up $.07....

where were the individual ones, didn't see those? that would of been a better deal

They were. I saw them only after buying the 6 pack, of course...

Easter salvaged here in North DFW.

Easter salvaged at most of our stores too, but if you find stragglers, they are still ringing up. So, they have salvaged in that they pulled everything obvious, but I still found a few odds and ends, including the Mario toys, and they ring up at the sale price.

I found Easter colgate toothpaste (watermelon flavored) but it wasn't on sale. It had Easter bunnies and eggs all over the wrapper....hmmm?

Lots of clearance in electronics...musical instruments 70% off, fancy remote controls 70% off, random video games and music CD's also 70% off. There were many ipad cases, tablet cases all 50% off. Garmins 50% off, HP printers 50% off, blank dvds, cds 70% off too. More than I have seen in months :tongue1:

I then found the Tyson honey battered chix fingers and hot wings 50% off <$2.00 per box. Tons of frozen seafood 50% off as well :yuck:

Mens dept had jeans and tshirts for 70% off as well.

I have definetly found that it is best to get there right at 8:00am (opening) for the best selection. I even asked if they were redoing electronics and they said no just doing major markdowns. BTW there were many, many tvs for 50% off, not all floor models. I was told NEVER buy a floor model tv as they are on from 7:30 am till 10 pm without a break and the fact that they are on the same channel can hurt they pixels as well? I was actually told this by an electronics friend.