Walgreens Clearance

Rockfordmom

I went to 4 stores on Thursday and they were all 50% off, Friday I go to one that I decided not to stop at on Thursday and they were 75% with almost nothing left!? One store did have a 75% tag hanging on an item that I guess was only supposed to be 50% off and they did give it to me for 75% off. Seems to me that I remember they hung those same signs last year that say "selected items 75% off" and that was the excuse they used every time something only rang up 50% off.

Seems to me that I remember they hung those same signs last year that say "selected items 75% off" and that was the excuse they used every time something only rang up 50% off.

This is why I rarely shop Wags holiday clearance. Even if it doesn't say "selected items" most clerks around here refuse to adjust price and I can't be bothered as their selection isn't that great anyways. The cookies I got paid .21 to buy at Target (after coupon on package) were still 1.xx after 75% off with no coupon.

If we'd taken down ALL the Christmas stuff or had it organized from the last time we used them I would have noticed we had a much cuter Pluto Frame Stocking and didn't even need the one I bought.

• 2 weeks later...
I found Jello No-Bake Cheesecake mix for $0.79 today, I think that's 75% off. I was walking out of the store and saw that a woman was buying 5 of them so I looked at the register and saw how much they were ringing up for. The shelf tag said they were only half off. They were with all of that baking powder and canned pumpkin and stuff that's been on clearance forever, but has never gone to 75% off. I had a cashier scan a couple of the other items and only the Jello Cheesecake was 75% off. I went to another Walgreens (not for more cheesecake mix) and checked and that store didn't even have any of it on clearance at all.