Best Buy Westinghouse 26" LCD???

gatorbeetle

Looking online, it doesn't look like Westinghouse has a 26" LCD in their inventory. It looks like the 27" Westinghouse LCD TV BestBuy has online, but that has a tuner, the one in the ad says it is simply a monitor. Other differences include the model numbers (while not totally readable, it is nothing like that of the 27") and the price, ad says the Monitor is originally $800 but the 27" online is $900 regularly.

Does anyone have any info on this item?? Is it possibly made by another manufacturer with a Westinghouse label? Anyone have more info on the model number?

It is online..

Post a link, please...because I don't see it. According to the ad this is a 26" monitor. Model number W260???.

There are only 27" Westinghouse TV's (tuner included) in Flat Panel TV's on the website. Even the Westinghouse website doesn't list a 26" LCD. I cannot find a listing for a 26" Hi-Def LCD from Westinghouse anywhere.

Been to both local BB's. No 26" Westinghouse LCD, and the guys in the blue shirts look at me strangely when I ask about one, say it doesn't exsist. :cheesy:

Pic on the 27" looks great...sure hope we can get more info on this prior to next week, because I don't want to camp out for a rumor.

I know...I know...:violin:

I hope we can get some clarification on this before BF standing ouside BB. I find nothing nowhere on a 26inch Westinghouse. I really hope this is the 27 inch version.

:cool: Best Buy finally listed on their website. Looks like a good Monitor, actually has a tuner, just not a HD tuner, but it is HD ready. Wish we could discover who makes the LCD. The Westinghouse 27" looks pretty good, but this could be a whole new screen here.

Oh, here's the link...:g_thumble:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7443723&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat31800050025&id=1124432746579

Could it be that Westinghouse are making :idea: only 26" for BB and only a set amount of them for Black Friday?

Possibly, but since it is on the BB website as "Coming Soon" I don't think so, it will be out there ongoing. My worry is that Westinghouse doesn't MAKE the LCD (correct me if I am wrong) they buy the screens from another company. If the screen is not as well made as the 27" the quality will not be there. Per the link it has good specs. For $500 AR I might take the gamble... :yay:

I was hoping the 26" was a misprint and it was actually going to be the 27". But when I looked at the pic in the ad it didn't look like any 27" they have. I'm in a real dilema now. It's a really good price, but I was hoping for something bigger. I also like the silver tv's better than this black one. I almost bought the 32" Westy 2 weeks ago when they had a $300 price drop on it (making it $1000). Now I'm really kicking myself for not getting it. Normally a price drop means it will stay like that but that sunday the price went back up. I just got coupons in the mail today for their preferred customer sale this weekend. I'm really hoping the 32" drops in price again on Sunday, then I can use the 12% off coupon. Otherwise I might settle for the 26". FYI, it's still not listed on Westinghouse's website.

I know, I checked Westinghouse after looking at BB today...possibly something they are doing (putting their name on??) exclusively for BB??

The way i see it...26" 27"..not much difference. I suppose I could wait and see if something bigger goes on sale before Christmas, but I only want this for the bedroom, don't want to go to big.

Looks like I'm camping out at BB next week!!

:cookiemon

I want mine for my bedroom too. Problem is I've been using a Toshiba 31" CRT SDTV. It used to be in my living room in my apartment but now that I'm living at home again and just have my bedroom I put the 31" in it. So now I'm used to that size so it will be hard to go to something smaller. Especially since when watching SDTV on it you'll get the bars on the side from converting the 4:3 to 16:9 (unless you zoom to fill the screen). So that would make it even smaller. But I'll mostly be watching tv through my media center pc, so it should be full screen even for SDTV. If it was silver I'd seriously consider getting it, since it's 1/2 the price of the 32"