How to avoid the rush?

sanam

I would like to know the best time to avoid rush outside the malls by standing in line.

wanted to know after the stores open do they still have queues lined up outside to make sure the store is not overcrowded.or is it once the store opens its open for all and no queues outside to get into that particular store....

I would say if you wanted to avoid the rush..........you might want to stay in bed. Haha!!

Really, our Walmart is open 24 hours so we'll be standing inside by the pallets, no rush there. JCPenny's- maybe you could find an alternate door, but then you might not get the free snowglobe. I heard that some people went in an alternate door at Sears last year and they didn't get the $10 GC and they were still handing them out to the people that were "rushing" the main entry.

At some stores "the rush" is sort of like watching the N.Y.C Marathon.:sidesplit If there is something you want, chances are someone else wants it also. You just have to be out there early for all of the stores that you mentioned. Oh and since this is your first bf, please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and SHOES.:g_thumble

:tweety: thanks a ton for the ideas , yes comfortable shoes are definately on my list of clothing... have fun with yr shopping list..

That reminds me...I need some new shoes now so I can have them broke in by BF. I usually wear a paif of slip ons but afraid they may come off on BF.

I no longer need to buy the toys and don't buy electronics so for the most part I don't get involved with the rush to get one of few of anything. My daughter and I love the excitement of the day and usually go to Penneys where I buy her some clothes. For us we go early so we can get a decent parking spot so we can stash the bags in the trunk without a major hike through the parking lot. The mall we go to doesn't have a Best Buy or Circuit City so we can get there a few minutes before opening and get a decent spot. I have already done most of my shopping online because they are not the typical things you find on the BF ads.

Wal Mart here is AWFUL on Black Friday. I went twice and decided it wasn't worth it. People can be pretty mean just to grab a deal. And one year at Target it was so bad the stock people had to start throwing products into the crowd.. My Christmas stuff is on layaway right now..